Rauland is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Database Specialist, interested in joining our team and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Rauland in the medical space. We are seeking an experienced database designer who has domain and expert technical knowledge. Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Has the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you will support/lead development and maintenance of medical based database systems. Supervise or perform all activities related to the administration of computerized databases. Prepare detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates. Review procedures for processing data using database management systems (DBMS) including relational databases and multi-dimensional databases. Project long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers supporting client's information systems function. Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment. Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
• Provide functional and technical support to ensure performance, operation and stability of database systems.
• Directly engage with developers to both design and performance tune ORM queries and/or other database access technologies
• Respond to database related queries and issues in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that database is properly tested and bugs are fixed appropriately.
• Experience in optimizing database for operational and performance efficiency.
• Responsible for database management, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
• Work with programmers, QA team and security personnel to execute database projects according to customer requirements.
• Prepare documentations of all database procedures and guidelines.
Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field degree or higher and a minimum of 10 years of applications development experience. Applicable advance certifications for the specified areas.
• Proven experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., T-SQL).
• Experience in database programming and support systems design.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL Server including SSIS and SSRS.
• Maintained database dictionaries.
• Monitored enterprise's overall adherence to of standards and procedures.
• Experience with file design and storage and integration of systems through database design.
• Familiarity and expertise in ETL processing patterns
• Expertise in both transactional and Multi-dimensional database schemas
• Proven capabilities at evaluating database design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
• Certified in ITIL Foundations; ITIL Intermediate Certifications desirable.
• Experience with performing Functional Decomposition, Process/Data Modeling, Prototyping, Backlog Grooming, SWOT Analysis, and Decision Analysis.
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
• Desired Certifications: Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
• Strong oral and written communication skills
* Must be lawfully authorize to work in the United States.
* The Company does not sponsor visas.