For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
The Assurance Associate Director provides leadership and oversight of various audit engagements. You will also develop new & existing client relationships, oversee professional development of team members, and assists with other related Firm initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required.
- 8+ years of related Assurance experience is required
- 3+ years of experience in an Assurance Manager capacity is required.
- Public Accounting experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) internal controls and financial reporting is required.
- Capacity for quickly understanding new concepts, workflows, and systems.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with a strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Professionally and appropriately communicates with a diverse group of individuals.
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Able to work in a highly organized manner within a fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products (specifically Excel, and Word).
- Exhibits the strong technical knowledge and ability to efficiently manage client engagements including, oversight and review of engagement scheduling, strategic planning, mobilization and execution, timeline & budget monitoring, timely review of work papers, timely closing of engagement binder, timely completion of staff evaluations and closeout consistent with established delivery processes to meet the engagement scope, schedule, budget and other requirements.
- Ensures the scope of work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, governmental/client and operational deadlines, while simultaneously ensuring that quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Develops and leads the preparation of client proposals and manages existing client relationships.
- Performs technical research, collects and analyzes data and makes recommendations for change, if needed.
- Develops new client relationships and expands existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and active participation in civic, business, and professional organizations.
- Monitors service line workload to meet billable hour expectations and performs timely reviews of work products prior to submission to a Director or client.
- Performs effective on-the-job training for team members and demonstrates positive leadership skills.
- Performs management responsibilities for support positions and provides prompt feedback regarding staff performance. Completes staff evaluations after large or multiple engagements and on a periodic basis.
- Participates in Firm recruiting activities.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended hours during the work week or on weekends as needed to meet client deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
Health & Wellness:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.