Location: Foster City, CA
Duration: 7 months with conversion.
Must have skills:
7+ years of relevant experience. Familiar with Agile practices. They will be a product owner of 2 scrum teams. Google SRE practices, devops, logging, and monitoring, infrastructure management and data center tool enablement. Writing API specs will need JAVA development experience. Manager is looking for a developer who moved into TPM space.
Nice to have skills:
Roles and responsibilities:
The team is building Visa's monitoring platform. This is an enterprise product developed out of DMP. Reliability engineering and devops. This will be in FC. Responsible for road maps stories and product specs. Manage two scrum teams. Team members across the globe.
7+ Years of relevant Experience to help us achieve the following-
- Experience ideation for next-gen observability improvements for Visa
- Evolving OperA monitoring and alerting infrastructure to leverage advanced techniques such as anomaly/outlier detection and machine learning
- Overhauling our structured logging infrastructure to handle near-real time, short-term and long-term querying of our terabytes-per-day log ingestion scale
- Building the next generation of our distributed tracing infrastructure in partnership with our Kubernetes, on-premises teams
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be the champion for Visa's monitoring and observability customers to ideate
- Play the Product Owner as well as Scrum master role in an Agile environment for multiple teams
- Develop product adoption/ migration plans, to include collaterals, training aids and integration guides
- Work with program managers to maintain product roadmaps and capabilities
- Be informed of trends in industry & developer tools, virtualization, containers, service mesh etc., and demonstrate working knowledge in these areas.
- Bring SRE best practices at Visa
- Work cross-functionally to obtain stakeholder consensus, facilitate timely execution and manage
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide breadth of technology domains, with the ability to quickly assimilate the inter-relationships of various disciplines
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend complex business initiatives
- You will be able to articulate product requirements to various audiences (high level to deep low level technical).
- Experience leading a team of developers, architects and/or product managers in a cloud related product/service
Must Have Skills:
- Current experience on Java development, Timeseries Database technologies, React framework, Mobile, RESTApi's, Kafka, Open TSDB, Prometheus, User Experience ideation
- 5+ years of related experience preferably in an agile development environment and at least 4 years hands-on software development experience
- 5+ years’ experience in product management
- Domain knowledge in SRE, DevOps, Logging and monitoring, infrastructure management and data center tool enablement
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data
- Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Collaborate closely with DevOps Engineers, Partners, Internal customers
- Working knowledge of product release management challenges and best practices around product versioning, backwards compatibility etc.,
- Build repeatable structures that help usher in operational rigor promotes visibility to management, customers and partner teams.
- Impeccable leadership skills - Building, leading and instilling teams with a constant focus on accountability, delivery, and positive customer experiences.
- Be a top performer who thrives in a very dynamic and demanding environment, thinks critically, delivers quickly, and collaborates across a variety of functions.
- Demonstrate strong internal drive, a tenacious spirit, a collaborative method of working
Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, collaboration, good judgment and killer instincts are important success factors for this role. You have the "know how" to get things done and get the best out of your collaborators without burning your bridges.
Job Type: Contract
- Java: 1 year
- Product Management: 5 years
- Site Reliability: 5 years