ECOM is currently seeking an experience Project Coordinator for our direct client in the Houston/Medical center area for a long term contract.
The Unified Communications (UC) Program was initiated in 2015 to upgrade the cabling and network infrastructure to support an expansion of the Cisco Voice over IP telephone system which will replace legacy PBX’s and telephones at all locations. In addition, the UC Program includes a replacement of the legacy Avaya Contact Center system with Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE). The current program activities are expected to continue through 3Q2020.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the UC Program Manager to assist with all activities including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and maintain the project schedule for network and telephone hardware upgrades.
- Track critical path tasks with assigned resources.
- Document and report Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies using a RAID log.
- Track change requests and approvals for hardware upgrades.
- Participate in regular walk-throughs at various locations to identify VIPs, groups, and critical devices prior to each hardware upgrade.
- Assist with developing workflows and processes related to Go-Live events.
- Schedule and/or attend regular and ad-hoc project meetings and capture minutes for distribution to stakeholders.
- Upload and maintain project documentation on project SharePoint site.
- Draft weekly project status reports.
- Assist with identifying and defining project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Any other duties as needed
- Working knowledge of project management best practices.
- At least 3 years of work experience as an IT Project Coordinator.
- Past experience working in a hospital and/or clinical environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, etc).
- Working knowledge of MS SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of MS PWA or project management software.
- Familiarity with Cisco network and telephone systems (preferred).
- Associates or Bachelor degree (preferred).
- Pursuing PMI CAPM or PMP (preferred).
Job Type: Contract
Job Type: Contract
- project coordinator: 1 year (Preferred)
- cpam: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)