Can you look into the eyes of someone who is struggling and see their pain – while also seeing their potential? Are you passionate about providing opportunities to help people rebuild their lives?
The Mission is looking to expand our team of committed staff members who are dedicated to creating an environment where those who have nowhere else to turn can live with dignity, experience hope and see new opportunities.
Under supervision of the Manager of Emergency Shelter the Emergency Shelter Associate aids in the provision of emergency services and maintains shelter safety and security during assigned shift.
Qualifications For Position:
Job Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Skills and Abilities: Active listening, critical thinking and persuasion
- Other Requirements: Valid driver’s license
- Machines: Computer, Software Programs (Excel, HMIS, Shelter Sign-in system, Logbook)
- Assists with intake and sign in of shelter clients
- Assists with meals, showers, distribution of personal hygiene kits , clothing and other shelter activities as directed
- Encourages client participation in shelter activities including support programs, outreach, and case management
- Monitors and observes client activities and redirects clients as necessary
- Initiates timely documentation of services delivered
- Prepares and maintains records and reports including updated the daily newspaper
- Reviews intake records to ensure all necessary documentation is complete according to established policies and procedures
- Tours physical facility to ensure safe, clean, and orderly environment for staff, clients, residents, and visitors
- Assists with evacuations during drills and emergencies
- Notifies appropriate staff of facility equipment issues
- Transports and accompanies clients to appointments as requested
- Attends all ESA meetings and Staff Trainings as required
$16.50 an hour, plus an additional $1.00 per hour paid out quarterly.
The Rescue Mission of Trenton is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a harassment-free work environment. The Mission provides equal employment opportunities for all without regard to any form of intentional or unintentional harassment or discrimination based on regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, breastfeeding, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Rescue Mission of Trenton requires all new employees to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and have received a booster (where eligible) against COVID-19 prior to start of employment, unless the Rescue Mission of Trenton has granted the employee a medical or religious exemption. Employees who are not eligible for a booster at the time of an offer of employment provide proof they have received a booster upon eligibility and upload proof of same. Failure to provide proof of primary vaccination and booster will result in recession of a candidate’s offer of employment or disciplinary action up to and including termination.