Senior Production Planner
District Photo is seeking a Senior Production Planner. This is a planning position that will be responsible for all forecasting, planning, and costing activities within the company.
The Planner creates and maintains forecast models for customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, and other sources. This position will also be responsible for working with plant general managers to develop capacity planning models during peak production seasons. Finally, this person will work with procurement and production to develop and provide product costing to sales and marketing.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales and marketing to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, Production, and Procurement to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Provide input to the Procurement organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Work with factory general managers and production supervisors to convert demand forecast in to production capacity plans during peak production seasons.
- Collect material cost information from Procurement and labor and production costs from manufacturing to develop accurate product costing for use by Sales and Marketing.
- Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
- Review sales plans, customer finance Budget Updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with sales
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts and production plans by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing, production, procurement and finance personnel:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
- Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates / annual process)
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain
- Maintain demand planning system and software
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
- Monitor trends in forecast error
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning and capacity planning processes
- Work with management to develop and implement a robust Sales and Operations planning process.
- A customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Peak period capacity plans which incorporate key machine capacities and labor requirements to identify potential production bottlenecks and their impact.
- Improved relationships among procurement, sales, marketing and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Procurement group the opportunities and risks regarding service level agreement performance metrics.
Years of Experience:
Five to Seven years of experience in the printing/manufacturing industry
BA/BS college degree or its equivalent
APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
· Knowledge of Epicor is preferred
· Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office.
· Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
· Good facilitation skills are required.
· Paid vacation
· Paid holidays
· Life Insurance
· Short/long term disability and more
About District Photo Inc.
Founded in 1949 by Melvin Cohen as a small black & white photo lab, the business grew during the last half of the 20th century into a large wholesale photofinishing lab serving mid-Atlantic retailers and a national mail order film business. In the late 1990′s under Neil Cohen’s leadership, DPI acquired a photo business in the UK and has transitioned from a mid-Atlantic film developing lab to multiple state-of-the-art digital labs shipping millions of photos worldwide every day.
Today, District is one of the largest variable data printing companies in the world as their facilities comprise over a million square feet of manufacturing space with a global reach that sets them apart in the digital printing market. With 7 production fulfillment facilities located in the United States (MD, PA, KY, AZ), England, the Czech Republic & Australia, District Photo is the leader in preserving human memories as they deliver millions of prints, greeting cards, books, calendars and gift products yearly.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a copy of their resume and cover letter to Mat O’Connor, Director of Procurement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Company's Facebook page: