Fremont Cadillac GMC Buick, located in Fremont, CA has an opening for an Automotive Parts Stockroom & Counterperson trainee. With low employee turnover and our fast-paced high-volume fixed operations, we are the place for your new career! An equal opportunity employer, we are proud to offer competitive income, great benefits and a team based work environment.
Automotive Parts Stockroom Tech Benefits:
Automotive Parts Stockroom Responsibilities:
Automotive Parts Stockroom Tech Qualifications:
Fremont Cadillac, GMC, Buick is seeking someone who can provide Parts Department back end support, while we mold them into a GM Parts Counterperson for the future.
We are extremely busy each and every day because the dealership and our customer-base is growing rapidly.
That’s why we’re looking for someone amazing who wants to join our team and grow with us.
About You; If you’re looking for a “laid back” job, this is not the right role for you. But if you’ve been described as someone with a “great work ethic” who “sees things that need to be done and jumps in to do them before being asked,” please...read on!
You should want to assist with whatever our needs are, in order to operate more efficiently.
You need to be someone who is willing to learn, interested in professional development, and the opportunity for career growth.
Absolute Requirements –
MUST have a valid CA Driver's License and clean driving record
MUST be a self-starter
MUST be able to work effectively and efficiently without constant supervision
MUST be willing to learn
MUST be a team player
MUST be meticulous
MUST be reliable and punctual
Someone looking for a long-time career in the industry. Someone who is eager to learn and motivated to develop professionally
We are not in a rush to fill the position.
We would rather wait to find the right person.
The job duties are as follows:
Check in freight in the A.M.
- After order has arrived, separate parts (stock, RO orders and customer special orders).
- Put special order parts in appropriate area (open RO shelf, customer pay etc.).
- Check off parts on SOR’s and RO’s and give paperwork to countermen.
- Put stock order away.
- Put new stock away and input locations.
- Call parts counter customers and let them know parts have arrived.
- Pick up any remaining parts from Chevrolet store.
- Check in tires
- Get DOT numbers from tires and note them on the invoice.
- Place tires in appropriate area
- Mark tires with RO or invoice number.
- Pick up parts at Chevrolet store if necessary.
- Check in Limited Production Options (LPO’S)
- When order arrives, verify all parts being delivered (do not sign if parts are missing).
o Separate large item orders from smaller item orders.
o Place smaller item orders in Parts Department.
o Place large item orders in warehouse or shop.
o Keep all corresponding orders together and place in order by the last digit of the VIN.
- Send back any returns with driver.
- Wrap any transit wheels and prep for return.
- Using forklift, load any wrapped wheels.
- Input new LPO orders and save sheets or attach to parts in Parts department.
- Pick up parts at Chevrolet store.
- Check in afternoon freight
- Same as A.M. order.
- Pick up parts at Chevrolet store as necessary.
- Organize, maintain and process Warranty parts.
- Assist parts counterman during down time.
- Train with counterman.
o Learn how to use all programs including CDK, parts catalog, GM Global etc.
o Pull sold parts for customers and technicians to learn part numbers, locations, group numbers and locations.
- Keep parts department clean.
o Throw out cardboard.
o Wipe down bins.
o Organize upstairs and put large boxes on shelves in correct spot.
- Purge SOR’s monthly.
- Purge warranty on a regular basis and keep organized.
Any other misc. parts duties
You can reach me at *(510) 257-4869*
A drug screening and driving record report is part of our hiring process.
Company/Employee participation, benefits package includes: Excellent Major Medical / Dental insurance, Life Insurance & 401K plan
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour