The Sr. DataOps Automation Engineer supports the full systems life cycle in IT-Enterprise Data Management’s (EDM)’s multi-platform data and analytic environment by designing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Sr. DataOps Automation Engineer provides a holistic view of all EDM systems and collects input, provides direction, and makes strategic decisions to ensure our infrastructure fits within our vision.
We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, paid holidays, maternal leave, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, not to mention a pension plan! Join us today, and become part of the BECU family.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop a holistic strategy across Enterprise Data Management’s Automation needs across application development, quality assurance and testing, and data management operations.
- Own and improve automation opportunities across the data pipeline consisting of data analysis, data quality and validation, ETL (extract transform load), CDC (Change Data Capture), Regressing Testing, Software Quality, Daily Monitoring, Database and other EDW processes using Informatica, SQL Server, Attunity, Tableau, Alteryx etc.
- Provide escalated systems support, problem resolution, and mentoring across the EDM disciplines.
- Lead DataOps cross team enterprise data management projects.
- Liaison and partner with Enterprise Data Architecture, maintaining the strategy and vision of our automation and data operations technology systems.
- Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations in support of source control strategies, branching, CI/CD, Test Driven Development (TDD), Data Masking, Encryption across sensitive data, DB Statistics Update etc.
- Research, develop and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT as well as the business.
- Partner with the security team to respond to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
- Possess and display expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication and project management.
- Train back up personnel as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of technical engineering and automation experience required.
- Solid skills in Leadership, Project Management (Agile, Scrum, and Lean), Release Management, Hardware/Software Design & Best Practice, Computer Security & Compliance and Enterprise Design required.
- Knowledge of enterprise data management technologies, enterprise data warehouse (EDW), data integration and discovery platforms (Informatica, Tableau, Alteryx)) and testing platforms required.
- Advanced expertise in at least Automation technologies, including strong scripting capability using Python, Pearl, ksh/bsh, Powershell, T-SQL etc.
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline preferred.
- Experience supporting enterprise solutions preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of virtual desktop technologies, remote deployment, patch management and disk imaging, server virtualization technologies and server operating systems preferred.
- Experience implementing projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing) preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary and occasional travel.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
- Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $127,000.00 to $143,000.00 /year
- Technical engineering and automation: 7 years (Required)
- Hardware/Software Design & Best Practice: 1 year (Required)
- Project Management (Agile, Scrum, and Lean): 1 year (Required)
- Release Management: 1 year (Required)
- Computer Security & Compliance: 1 year (Required)
- Enterprise Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused