Full Job Description
Role: End User Architect
Duration: Long Term(Extendable)
- Provide Technical and Operational Governance across the Gen Re End User Computing environment
- Design, enhance and implement the End User Compute platform and infrastructure to support the requirements of the business with an eye for continual improvement, including speed of delivery and user experience.
- Work with other technology groups to streamline effective processes and drive continuous improvement for EUC infrastructure, services and support.
- Architect, design and manage the software distribution platform along with the governance of software deployment.
- Define the EUC roadmap
- Ensure that the service provided by managed service provider are delivered against agreed SLAs or statements of work
- Identify and drive areas for service improvements in conjunction with the managed service provider
- Keep abreast of developments within the IT Industry that End User Computing Services are kept in line with defined or emerging industry standards.
- Review and approve of all maintenance requests, service requests, change requests
- Review of incidents and root cause analysis
- BS or MS PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in IT
- A minimum of 5 years of experience delivering EUC services via a 3rd party managed services provider.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end-users, business owners, developers, systems engineers and various levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to consolidate data to provide easily understandable deliverables.
- Service Management oriented with strong commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to accomplish aggressive project goals when necessary.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
- Strong knowledge of design and architecture of client and server systems with a recent emphasis on virtualization and cloud.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft End User Compute portfolio of products, software deployment and management, system performance tuning and monitoring including security, encryption, policy management, Active Directory integration, systems programming, automation and scripting.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver detailed technical documentation.
- Technical skills required including:
- Windows 10 design, architecture and deployment methodologies
- Experience with architecting, deploying and supporting Microsoft Modern Management platforms including InTune, SCCM Cloud Management Gateway, Windows Autopilot, Windows as a Service, Azure Portal and others
- Active directory, GPO’s, user profile management
- DevOps skills including Terraform, Ansible, ARM, Azure
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $90.00 /hour