The respected global leader for defense aircraft sustainment. Deploying an experienced team and complete capabilities to solve customer challenges.
We maintain long-term customer relationships in the domestic and international markets and are uniquely positioned to meet a full range of customer challenges for the defense aircraft maintenance market. Our business model is aligned with building a bundle of parts, services and solutions to meet the needs of military legacy platform operators and maintainers. We believe that our long-term OEM relationships ensure proprietary part availability, and the addition of component MRO and repair management ensure refurbishment needs are addressed. We continue to invest in licensing, proprietary tooling and unique product development to address the late-in-life needs of defense platforms where an OEM solution may no longer be available. The breadth of our solutions for these aircraft operators, across a variety of platforms, is what distinguishes our solution in the global market.
Our group of companies includes distribution, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and engineering & manufacturing divisions. We collectively collaborate with key partnerships to provide a suite of complex solutions that addresses operational readiness for end users maintaining these aging aircraft. We support legacy fixed and rotary wing aircraft including but not limited to F-5, T-38, F-16, F-15, F-18, C- 130, P-3, Boeing 707 derivatives and several rotary platforms. Kellstrom Defense is headquartered in El Segundo, CA, USA and has over 200 employees and sales representatives strategically located throughout the world.
Further information is available at www.kellstromdefense.com
Manages and coordinates activities and operations of accounting department. This position provides financial analysis to support inventory and product costs in accordance with GAAP and FAR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems for general accounting.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends economic objectives and policies to management.
- Prepares and analyzes financial and operational reports; prepares reports required by regulatory agencies, banks, investors, and other external parties.
- Coordinates preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts.
- Manages monthly accounting close cycle; prepares month-end financial statement.
- Reviews and analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Implement policies, procedures, and financial systems compliant to Federal defense industry cost accounting standards (FAR and CAS)
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Analyzes, reviews, and audits overall general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable systems.
- Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process (and make recommendations as necessary).
- Creates and implements annual department strategic plan.
- Coordinates and conducts physical inventory and year-end audits.
- Maintains DCAA accounting system compliance.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops accounts payable staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises 1 employees within the Finance department(s).
- Indirectly supervises several employees within the organization.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in accounting or finance or equivalent.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Proficient on Microsoft applications (especially excel, including pivot tables, V-lookup, etc.)
- Must have some exposure to ERP packages (Oracle, SAP, JDE, Quantum) including some mid-tier ERP systems.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation)
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: Typical work may require light lifting (less than 25 lbs.). Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks and drug screen prior to employment.
- Kellstrom Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.