- Occasionally load and unload pallets with merchandise from truck with use of a manual pallet jack or scooter.
- Must inspect vehicle before and after each shift and immediately notify Manager of any damages or concerns.
- Maintain vehicle, adding air, fluids and oil as needed.
- Must follow Department of Transportation regulations.
- Drive assigned routes in a safe and timely manner.
- Monitor traffic conditions to avoid delays.
- Read and interpret maps and GPS directions.
- Ensure address on package matches up to delivery address.
- Maintain logs of deliveries.
- Ensure inventory loads match shipping papers
- Take payments when needed.
- Present change and receipts.
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service.
- Complete required logs and reports
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Valid Class A CDL license.
- Good driving record
- Proven working experience as a delivery driver
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Ability to calculate basic figures to ensure deliveries are correct.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry ( > 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry ( > 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Sit - frequently
- Stand/walk – occasionally
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – frequently
- Bend over/stoop – occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $27.50 /hour
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- truck driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tanker endorsement (Preferred)
- CDL (Required)
- Hazmat endorsement (Preferred)