POSITION PURPOSE- Remote**
The DesignConnect Designer is part of a central design team located at The Home Depot Online Contact Center in Kennesaw, GA. The DesignConnect team has the ability to engage and support customers online, in home and in the store. This position supports customers with expert consultation, 20-20 kitchen design and professional sales support of the total project. The DesignConnect Designer is responsible for the quality of 20-20 kitchen designs and performance metrics to ensure all customers receive a differentiated customer experience.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensures customer satisfaction through effective project knowledge, follow-up and project execution. Manages and provides creative solutions for design projects. Clearly communicates and executes the design process, including client consultations, creating drawings, and leading the client presentation.
- Assists during the installation of sold projects by communicating with the Client, Project Expeditor, Vendor, Service Provider, and multiple other parties involved in the sale and fulfillment of kitchens. Stays abreast of Home Depot product lines, installation and services programs and current promotions.
- Takes customers through the Home Depot sales process and the value proposition. Completes 20/20 computerized design and update based on client feedback. Discusses available options for their project. Suggests related items/services that might complement the customer's project needs. Sells the complete project.
- Overcomes customer objections with facts. Accountabilities include: Sales, Project Cycle Time, Attach Rate and Quality of Designs.
- Ensures completion of all necessary key standards paperwork for all projects. Maintains accurate records of customers' project/sales and follow up using the DesignConnect tools to ensure professional communication for a positive customer experience.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Online Superivor, DesignConnect
No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Proficient with 2020 Design
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- 4+ years Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or a related design field
- 5+ years Design and Retail, Specialty Retail, Outside Sales or Trade Experience
- CKD, CBD, ASID, CMKBD or State Certification or coursework toward completion of CKD, CBD, ASID
- Advanced working knowledge of 2020
- Advanced knowledge of effective kitchen design and installation including NKBA guidelines
- Advanced Store ESVS (THD selling system) working knowledge
- Strong computer skills required for organizing information resources and designer quality score reporting
- Effective multi-tasking skills necessary for multi-channel customer contact
- Experience working in a highly collaborative cross-functional team
- Able to work cooperatively as part of a service team in order to achieve effective workload management
- Attention to detail, good follow-up skills
- Working knowledge and comfort in utilizing Microsoft Outlook and Office suite applications