Full Job Description
The solution architect is responsible for all aspects of architecture and solution design for mission critical enterprise systems and/or initiatives at Inspire and all of its brands. He/she leads complex projects and ensures the success of enterprise-level application development and roll outs. He/she also serve as a subject matter expert and as a trusted digital strategy advisor to technology and executive leadership, and contributes to the planning of the overall organizational IT strategy.
1. Design and architect scalable, distributed on-prem and cloud based Services and Applications that integrate across different technologies.
2. Leads the successful implementation of these designs and architectures by managing expectations and risks, ensuring appropriate organizational structures, principles, tools and responsibilities are in place
3. Works with the business to understand and solve complex problems, by presenting various solution options and technical concepts in a comprehensible manner.
4. Creates reliable solution plans that include cost estimates and optimized delivery approaches by working with the business and multi-disciplinary teams, enforcing governance and compliance activities for the solution
5. Analyze complex functional and non-functional requirements and make appropriate design adjustments, as well as provide effort estimates to support project management
6. Identify, develop, and manage reference architecture and design patterns for digital applications
7. Identify new disruptive technologies to provide business value
8. Lead and mentor development teams in the company
9. Create and participate in the establishment of reference architecture and domain models and Lead/support efforts for Digital Technology and Application Rationalization
4 Year / Bachelors Degree, Computer Science or Engineering
Graduate Degree Computer Science Preferred
Minimum 10 years, preferably 15+ years of experience in information technology planning and operations, application design and development, and systems life cycle management
5+ years of architecture experience working on complex enterprise systems
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Strong demonstrable experience leading architecture development for enterprise scale systems in public cloud and hybrid eco-systems. Preferably Azure experience
- Strong understanding of public cloud technologies and best practices for implementing two or more from the following: eCommerce platforms, mobile development, marketing technology, integration, and restaurant technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Deep knowledge and experience in API / Micro-services, Agile / Dev-Ops, CI / CD
- Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability,… all the so-called “capabilities” of a system
- Understanding of latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options.
- Finalize the project use cases and requirements with the business and development team
- Be able to determine vendor selection
- Be able to provide project cost estimate to the business
- Provide sign-off on project and/or application architecture and deployment
As Needed; Will travel to brand locations and/or vendor locations as needed
Inspire Brands is a multi-brand restaurant company whose portfolio includes more than 11,200 Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, SONIC Drive-In, Rusty Taco and Jimmy John's locations worldwide.
We are creating a family of brands with maverick qualities, each with their own distinct positioning, guest experience, and product offering. Our brands are diverse, distinctive, and fan favorites. In a sense, you could say we seek those who provide something different than the norm.