Respected Stave & Stone winery is seeking a dynamic individual with social media experience and a passion for fine wine and food to join our team. Our new Social Media Leader should be a highly motivated and creative individual who loves engaging with current and future customers on a daily basis and has experience doing so for like-minded companies. An essential component of this role is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic, visually compelling way. Being able to write posts that illicit positive reactions and having a good eye for photo and video are a must.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES The Social Media Leader will administer the company’s social media marketing and social advertising efforts, working closely with the Manager.
Responsibilities are broken into four areas:
- Grow the winery’s social following
- Hold monthly social marketing meeting with Manager
- Develop social plan and present weekly to Manager
- Design creative engaging visual assets appropriate to select social platforms
- Develop compelling content that can turn into earned media
- Maintain a voice that is brand appropriate and resonates with consumers
- Adjust post strategy frequently based on what’s working and what is not
- Give followers a behind-the-scenes look at the winemaking craft
- Monitor online conversation and engage with existing and potential fans across social media
- Respond to questions and comments across all social media channels
- Target new followers, new conversations and growing community
- Target influencers and develop relationships to help promote brand and like-minded content
- Have conversations with influencers in wine, food and travel
- Maintain events calendars on Facebook and third-party sites; promote regional events
- Create and execute effective advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
- Develop and maintain Facebook ad set target audiences using best practices
- Monitor, respond and distribute reviews from Facebook, TripAdvisor and Yelp
- Maintain brand identity across social platforms and Google
- Update Google My Business listing and assets, as well as third-party association sites
- Prep and upload videos using SEO best practices
- Create and distribute monthly digital media report
- Coordinate social media contests
- Take photos and videos that are brand appropriate and of high quality, knowing when content isn’t good enough or inappropriate for our image
- Shoot photos and videos proven to get reactions from social audiences
- Use design apps to create motion graphics
- Coordinate company photo and video shoot logistics (set-up, props, wines)
- Help shoot videos for IGTV and YouTube
- Process and file all photography using company’s file naming, file size and alt tag standards
- Maintain the company’s entire photo and video asset library, keeping files organized and labeled for easy access
- Upload videos to YouTube, adding appropriate SEO keywords
- Add YouTube videos to appropriate playlists
- Upload photos to Flickr, adding appropriate file names, descriptions and keywords
- Look for opportunities to create earned media and content out of news, events, viral posts
- Share brand press coverage and tag publications and journalists
- Use social media to seek out journalists relevant to the brand’s story angles CONTENT MARKETING
- Source photos for blog posts from web, third parties
- Help format blog posts in Wordpress
- Help create Marketing Emails & Campaigns
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Possesses excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to wine, food or travel.
- Communicates well in written, photo and video format.
- Demonstrates winning customer service skills.
- Practices exceptional time management skills and is a multi-tasker.
- Is detail oriented, highly organized and accurate.
- Has an excellent memory to keep everything straight.
- Has a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Knows how to be resourceful and find solutions to get the job done.
- Has a passion for wine and food.
YouTube, Facebook Ads, IGTV, Wordpress, Google Analytics PC and Mac; Outlook/Microsoft iPhone and iPad
Competitive wage based on experience. Part Time/Full Time Available
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Social Media: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)