Remote South Carolina Real Estate Paralegal (Part Time)
We are looking for a detail-oriented real estate paralegal to assist our staff with acquisitions in the State of South Carolina. You will be preparing real estate documents and contracts, reviewing purchase offers, and liaising with landlords and property managers.
To ensure success as a real estate paralegal, you should demonstrate a solid knowledge of real estate proceedings and experience in a similar role. An outstanding real estate paralegal will be someone whose expertise contributes to the timely finalization of real estate transactions.
Real Estate Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Assessing and preparing contracts, lease agreements, and closing documents.
- Reviewing financing options, lending requirements, title affidavits, and bankruptcy claims.
- Facilitating communication between property owners, landlords, clients, and lawyers.
- Conducting research and distributing real estate documents.
- Analyzing title documents and legal descriptions of the property.
- Documenting processes, as well as maintaining hard copy files and electronic records.
- Answering client questions and escalating serious concerns.
- Keeping clients informed of progress made with real estate applications.
- Submitting accurate legal documents in a timely manner.
Real Estate Paralegal Requirements:
- Associate's degree in paralegal studies, or similar.
- Post-bachelor's degree paralegal certification with a real estate focus preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a real estate paralegal.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate documents, contracts, applications, and submissions.
- Competency in legal project management software, such as Amberlo and Accelo.
- Superb organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The hourly rate does not apply to this position. There will be a contract rate paid to the qualified paralegal selected to fill this position. The applicant is expected to provide proof of experience in this field.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $30.00 per hour
- Real estate law: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote