GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
PT2 20-29 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
Administers skilled direct and indirect patient care to an assigned group of patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Follows the nursing process of assessment, intervention, reassessment and evaluation. Performs surgical scrub nurse duties in an Obstetrical setting. As a member of the perioperative team, adheres to high standards of patient safety ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations . Care will be provided utilizing discipline specific standards of care (AWHONN, AAP, ACOG, etc). Demonstrates behaviors and decisions that are in alignment with providing compassionate quality care.
Within scope of responsibility and under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, administers patient care utilizing the nursing process
Works independently and be flexible in a complex and changing work environment.
Utilizes critical thinking to set priorities for patient care.
Recognizes, documents, intervenes, and follows up on problems or potential problems utilizing the chain of command
Recognizes and reports signs of abuse or domestic violence.
Provide care based on age-specific behaviors.
Maintains a high degree of patient safety and proper surgical technique
Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
Assume responsibility for continued professional growth, including but not limited to hospital and unit based mandatory competencies.
Performs other functions as assigned.
Current Ohio LPN license.
Completion of accredited educational program for Licensed Practical Nurse.
Must have current IV certification for LPN.
Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and communication skills.
Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Ability to work independently and under pressure in a complex and changing working environment.
Demonstrates competence in age-specific patient care.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine potential exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
- Works on a patient unit or outpatient care setting.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, push, pull, bend, and squat.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Close up and peripheral vision abilities.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.