ISS is seeking a Corporate Governance Research Analyst to join our Latin American Research team to complete basic and advanced analytical governance research of companies assigned to the Brazilian/Latin American market during the spring annual meeting season, starting in January 2020 for a term ending in early May 2020 (there could be some fluctuation in start and end dates). Long hours and/or some weekend work will be expected.
The Corporate Governance Research Analyst performs governance research and complete proxy analyses for shareholder meetings of publicly-traded companies (focused on Latin American countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru). Fluency in Portuguese OR Spanish required.
- Read and understand company's filings with countries' regulators, as well as SEC filings (20-Fs, 6-ks) and other documents disclosed by publicly-traded companies (e.g. corporate governance reports) to distill financial, industry, and corporate governance information to draft analyses and issue proxy vote recommendations based on ISS' policy guidelines (available at issgovernance.com/policy).
- Engage with corporations and other market players.
- Check and ensure that the accurate company's data information has been collected including, but not limited to, company's financials, directors' profiles, remuneration, and auditors fees to be used in proxy analysis reports.
- Strong analytical abilities and some knowledge of corporate governance issues.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, familiarity with data information, a self-driven work ethic, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends during peak weeks (March & April).
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment and communicate with various internal parties
- Familiarity with Latin America countries' regulators and stock exchanges, as well as SEC filings.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, plus relevant work experience preferred in governance, accounting, law, or other corporate fields.
- Fluency in Portuguese OR Spanish is required.
Job Type: Temporary
- Research: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
- Portuguese (Required)