Full-time, 40-hour per week position
Under the direction of the Practice Manager, oversees lab operations of the Sleep Disorders Center which includes (but is not limited to) supervision, training and scheduling of assigned technical staff, system maintenance, quality assurance review, and ensuring that American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) accreditation standards and documentation are maintained within the lab. In conjunction with the Administrative Supervisor, ensures that patient schedules are filled and appropriate data is collected up front for a successful study. As needed, this position will also perform the duties of the polysomnography technologist which includes but is not limited to, scoring, data collection, mask fittings, patient communication and education.
This position will be for the day supervisor working Monday-Friday with hours from 7:00am-4:00pm, 7:30am-4:30pm or 8:00am-5:00pm, with an hour break.
Expectation: Alternate weekend call coverage with night technical supervisor. May work swing shift (12:00pm-8pm, 1:00pm-9:00pm) to cover night supervisor vacations.
1. Recruits, hires and trains technical staff.
2. Completes regular performance evaluations and manages performance improvement plans as necessary for assigned staff.
3. Manages FTE budget (including overtime and purchased services) to meet annual budgeting guidelines established by the Practice Manager.
4. Maintains all Sleep Lab technical systems: Compumedics, Radiograph, Respironcis, etc.
5. Works with Administrative Supervisor for system integration with clinical support systems.
6. Implements new patient care initiatives as directed, and identifies opportunities for enhancing the service provided.
7. Meets regularly with staff to review protocols and ensure AASM guidelines and standards are being met and documentation and training is updated as indicated.
8. Meets regularly with department leaders for effective practice coordination and oversight.
9. Oversees the services being provided on a daily basis to insure the highest level of customer service and satisfaction are achieved.
10. Follows all outlined procedures for the sleep technologist related to testing, data collection, data scoring and compliance.
11. Routinely scores sleep lap studies, mask fittings, communicates with patients after studies and periodically performs/conducts sleep studies (primarily daytime studies when needed).
12. Performs all other duties as required assigned.
Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to an associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography OR successful completion of a polysomnography program of no less than one year duration required.
Bachelor’s Degree in biological, physical or mental sciences or completion of an accredited training program or associates degree in nursing, respiratory therapy, EEG or the equivalent preferred.
Five (5) years prior polysomnography and scoring experience required.
Demonstrated effective skills in the supervision and direction of staff.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive working relationships with staff at all levels.
Excellent organization skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Excellent judgment and create problem solving skills.
Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Ability to analyze a complex situation and follow/apply appropriate policies and procedures.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Certified in and ability to maintain certification in BLS, RPSGT
Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist or recognized equivalent.
Maintains require state licensure.