What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI’s Business and Information Technology Solutions (BITS) Sector is seeking a Java Software Developer to support a complex, highly visible mission application. As a Java Developer, you should possess full life cycle development experience in an Agile development in Java environment.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Engineering, design, coding, debugging, and unit testing of custom applications developed in Java and Apache Tomcat
- Assisting with quality assurance (QA) activities for testing custom applications
- Integrating software with existing systems, developing applications in a team environment, and assisting with Tier 3 and Tier 4 support, while meeting established project schedules
- Analyzing user needs and developing software solutions in an Agile development environment that includes scrum, sprints, and utilizing JIRA
- Designing software for new or existing applications to increase operational efficiency
- Converting project specifications and statement of problems and procedures into detailed logical workflows to be coded
- Working with operations staff to understand and solve existing software problems
- Resolving customer complaints with the software and responding to suggestions for enhancements
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Must possess full stack life cycle application development experience with large complex modular systems that includes engineering, design, coding, debugging, and unit testing in a Java environment
- Must be able to leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Must be able to integrate software with existing systems
- Must possess strong development experience with Java, Spring, Linux, and Hibernate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience following established development processes and procedures to include sprint planning and code reviews
- Proven skillset developing and maintaining applications documentation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to provide on-call operational support
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and brief comprehensive Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project documentation (e.g., requirements, design interface control, security, etc.)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with some of the following: Web services, REST, APIs, XML, MySQL, Oracle, Linux and/or Unix, J2SE, PowerShell, SOAP, Eclipse, Apache Maven, Apache Tomcat, and Bash scripting
- LDAP and/or PKI experience is a plus
Candidate must have one of the following:
- 12 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
- 10 Years of job related experience and Associate’s degree
- 8 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s degree
- 6 Years of job related experience and Master’s degree
- 4 Years of job related experience and Doctorate
Location: Herndon, VA
Work Hours: Core hours: 9:00AM - 3:00PM
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time