- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Word
- Clerical Experience
Position Summary: Shelby County Government is looking for individuals who are interested in being considered for Temporary Clerical opportunities. Applications are accepted and valid January through December of each year.
Positions are only available when there is a vacancy within the hiring department. As positions become available, applications will be considered based on experience, education and special requirements.
If your application is considered for a temporary assignment, the hiring department will contact you. Minimum Qualifications: 100.00% - Works under general supervision to perform a variety of entry-level clerical/administrative duties that may require use of limited independent judgment and skill processing, communicating, creating and/or maintaining various records, files, and information regarding specific departmental functions.
1. Experience in appropriate clerical, bookkeeping, data processing or statistical work; and
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possess a GED. Duties and Responsibilities: 1. Processes and/or enters pertinent data into the computer or other record format for processing.
2. Composes letters, memoranda, and reports for review and signature.
3. Greets customers and answers questions by telephone or in person concerning departmental policies, procedures and work functions.
4. Receives, reviews, and processes records, reports, and other various documents, as required, for accuracy and/or conformance with established policies and procedures.
5. Mails or issues in person, department specific authorized documents or materials as required.
6. Files and maintains control records.
7. Obtains data from various sources to prepare and compile standard reports.
8. Operates office machines.
9. Performs other related duties as required or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: KSAs and Others - 1. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment and skilled at operating office equipment.
2. Ability to become proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with computerized databases.
3. Knowledge of business English and Math.
4. Ability to communicate with staff and public citizens with courtesy and tact.
5. Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and effectively, verbally and in writing.
6. Ability to resolve problem situations. Physical Requirements: 1. Some positions may require heavy lifting, pulling, climbing, standing for a long time, etc. Special Requirements: 1. Some of the temporary positions may require special licenses, certifications, etc.
2. Some of the temporary positions may require overtime hours or to work various shifts.
3. Some of the temporary positions may require working in a secured prison environment. $15.00 - Hourly