SUMMARY OF DUTIES
We are looking for a Medical Device Sales Representative to cover the full bag of the Cardiac Intervention (CI) and Cardiac Critical Care (CCC) division. This position will have a base salary of $50K-$55K base, and total comp of $80K-85K at plan with uncapped commissions.
This position will assist in the sales process in order to become familiar with the procedures, products, customers, and their needs.
Will cover the entire state of South Carolina, Augusta and Savannah, GA. Prefer candidate live in Columbia, SC or surrounding area. Travel will be 25% or less.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
1. Works with the Regional Manager and Sales Representatives to establish and maintain close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by being involved to the appropriate degree in the following:
a. Identifying potential customers.
b. Meeting regularly with current and potential clients to present and sell Merit products and to explain their benefits.
c. Making in-service presentations to clinicians, explaining new products and their use.
d. Maintaining contacts with clients to monitor their satisfaction with products and that their needs are understood and met.
e. Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and profitability.
f. Identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with products.
g. Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for products. Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems, if they occur.
2. Coordinates with other Merit marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by Merit, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
3. Assists in the preparation of a monthly report summarizing monthly sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in Merit's procedures.
4. Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
5. Maintains a high level of knowledge about Merit and competitor products and their advantages and disadvantages.
6. Sets and achieves personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales and other related sales results achieved.
7. Participates as a member of the Merit sales team to improve Merit's ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
8. Travels by car, airplane, bus, etc. to perform sales duties with clients.
9. Performs a variety of other sales related duties, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
- Ability to learn the usage of medical equipment and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organization goals.
- Ability to utilize business mathematics to figure percentages, prepare financial and sales information.
- A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to travel extensively and work long hours to achieve goals, as required.
- Excellent driving record with no driving accidents in the past three years or no more than one driving ticket in the last three years.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
- One year of direct sales experience.
- New client establishment/existing account maintenance
- Product demonstration
- Customer service
- Customized drawing preparation
- Pricing contract preparation/submittal
- Problem solving
- Product pricing decision making
- Sales reports
- Product knowledge
- Goal setting/achievement
Infectious Control Risk Category I:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category I states employment and procedures that will require exposure.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled