PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To help plan, organize and control the operations of a District by supporting Area Supervisors in the execution of their Top 5 and to grow the business in order to attain agreed upon goals and profits while exhibiting Arby’s core values.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Top 5 should cover 80% of the important job functions)
- Increase sales by visiting each restaurant at least two times per quarter (one unannounced) to communicate and maintain operations standards as measured by the Arby’s Operations Review (AOR).
- Recruit and hire Management to staff all restaurants and Area Supervisor positions with “A” players, as well as to maintain a bench for future growth.
- Develop Certified Training Restaurants, insure the execution of DFW and fulfill the DO role in training. Own the integrity of the training process.
- Drive the Numbers – Teach, coach, and motivate the team to hit sales and profit goals. Exceed AOP TCI.
- Insure all marketing plans are communicated and executed on time, including product training and that accurate forecasting builds repeat customer visits.
(other important duties/responsibilities)
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge and a high level of expertise in systems, standards, procedures as well as all phases of operations, including BOS.
- Deliver complete STP training to all new Area Supervisors and provide them with the tools and resources to excel in their roles.
- Lead, supervise, evaluate and motivate Area Supervisors to perform to their highest possible level of ability.
- Review the performance of each Area Supervisor at least semi-annually and review all management appraisals with the Area Supervisor on a semi-annual basis.
- Monitor salaries of all district management personnel on an annual basis and make recommendations for adjustments when necessary.
- Insure the maintenance of all facilities and equipment. Approve all vendors and maintain the District approved vendor listing.
- Prepare, with the participation of the Area Supervisors and General Managers, an annual forecast by period, prior to the beginning of each year, of sales and profits.
- Review income statements, management bench report, performance standards and progress toward goals with the Region President/Vice-President of Operations each period. Take action to solve problems as necessary.
- Communicate openly and honestly through transparency with subordinates, superiors and all others about plans, progress and opportunities.
- Become involved with local community business leaders by participating in community activities and functions.
- Maintain contact with Human Resources to resolve issues quickly.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description.
Required Minimum: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Minimum: 8 years restaurant management experience with 4 years at Area Supervisor level and above.
Preferred: 10 years restaurant management experience with 6 years in QSR at Area Supervisor level and above.
Additional Criteria - Sr. Director of Operations:
Must be in position as Director of Operations for minimum of 3 years
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent