Our Sponsor is seeking one (1) cyber-security focused Systems Engineer to work with program managers and system administrators to improve the security posture of and reduce system vulnerabilities. Responsibilities will include producing security deliverables/documentation; deploying, maintaining, and administering encryption products; and updating repositories and servers for a 24/7/365 enterprise-scaled service area. *Occasional travel required.
1. (Mandatory) Systems Administration
2. (Mandatory) Linux
3. (Mandatory) UNIX
4. (Mandatory) Windows
5. (Mandatory) Encryption key management life cycle
6. (Mandatory) Enterprise-level encryption solutions
7. (Mandatory) FIPS 140-1 & FIPS 140-2 Compliance
8. (Mandatory) Security documentation
9. (Mandatory) Commercial encryption/hash/digital signature algorithms (e.g. AES, DES, RSA, EC, SHA, MD, etc.)
10. (Desired) Operating system security
11. (Desired) Sponsor’s Enterprise Encryption solutions
12. (Desired) Structured/unstructured databases
13. (Desired) Amazon Web Services (AWS)
14. (Desired) Sponsor's policies/ directive/standards
15. (Desired) System vulnerability mitigation
16. (Desired) Technical writing
17. (Desired) Technical exchange meetings (TEMs)
18. (Desired) System architecture diagrams
19. (Desired) Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
1. (Mandatory) Bachelor’s degree in computer networking, computer science, computer engineering, or other closely related IT discipline or equivalent work experience.
2. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience with system administration and networking, including Linux, UNIX, and Windows administration.
3. (Mandatory) In-depth understanding of the encryption key management life cycle, (e.g., generation, escrow, archive, transport, etc.).
4. (Mandatory) In-depth understanding of key creation, distribution, management, and escrow and recovery.
5. (Mandatory) Experience operating and maintaining enterprise level encryption solutions in a production environment.
6. (Mandatory) Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of FIPS 140-1 and FIPS 140-2.
7. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience advising functional and administration teams on design, development, and overall best security practices for encryption products.
8. (Mandatory) Knowledge with and practical experience administering commercial encryption products.
9. (Mandatory) Demonstrated experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
10. (Mandatory) In-depth understanding of commercial encryption, hash and digital signature algorithms to include the following families AES, DES, RSA, EC, SHA, MD, etc.
11. (Desired) Master’s degree in computer networking, computer science, computer engineering, or other closely related IT discipline or equivalent work experience.
12. (Desired) Demonstrated experience managing relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.).
13. (Desired) Knowledge with and practical experience of Sponsor’s Enterprise Encryption solutions.
14. (Desired) Understanding of Commercial Solutions for Sponsor standards.
15. (Desired) Demonstrated experience working with structured and unstructured databases.
16. (Desired) Extensive knowledge of theories, principles, and practices in one or more of the technical or engineering fields: computer engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, mathematics, or computer science.
17. (Desired) Demonstrated experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services) architecture and other cloud computing environments.
18. (Desired) Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor's policies, directive, and standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 to $160,000.00 /year