Avalon Health Care is seeking a Director of Volunteer Services to join our outstanding team a Northern Nevada State Veterans Home!
The new Northern Nevada State Veterans Home is a 102,000-square-foot-facility which will serve Nevada’s military service men and women with skilled nursing, memory care, and a welcoming, caring environment. Designed to be a community living center instead of a traditional hospital-style facility, the state-of-the-art home has 96 beds, a house-like environment and special amenities you won’t find in a regular nursing home. It features a fun and lively town center with a dining hall, conservatory, beauty/barber shop, store, coffee shop, physical therapy, chapel and parade grounds to host veterans’ events. There is administrative offices, nursing offices and other support operations as well.
Today’s aging population means there’s a growing demand for healthcare professionals in post-acute care, and a wave of career opportunities available at Avalon Health Care!
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges, a rewarding career and opportunities for advancement!
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all volunteer program activities in the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, organizes, develops and directs the annual volunteer appreciation event which will include input from the State.
- Works closely with veteran service organizations.
- Develops and maintain volunteer training and orientation program.
- Recruits, educates, and selects volunteers from at least three (3) recruitment sessions a year.
- Establishes a need for volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire team.
- Supervises and evaluate volunteers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Accepts and distributes donations to appropriate programs and/or residents.
- Distributes and completes the donation form.
- Responsible for tracking and coordination of donations with the State office.
- Develops partnerships with multiple organizations.
- Must adhere to the values and purpose of NNSVH (Northern Nevada State Veterans Home).
- Participates in fund-rising events approved by the NDVS (Nevada Department of Veterans Services).
- Manages and maintains the Resident store in close cooperation with the State.
- Provides daily resident mail delivery service Monday through Saturday, except for Federal holidays.
- Manages resources and budgets.
- Maintains monthly statistics.
- Maintains current personnel files.
- Reevaluates volunteer program as necessary.
- Coordinates support/education meetings.
- Attends interdisciplinary team/group meetings.
- Provides information to individuals and community groups about volunteer services.
- Participates as needed in the budget preparation for program development.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities.
- Works together with the NNVAL (Northern Nevada Veterans League).
- College degree, advanced degree in human services preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a health care setting. Long term Nursing home or volunteer experience preferred
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, and evaluate volunteer services.
- Ability to organize and develop volunteer personnel for both patient and organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer time and who will be considered employees.
- Outgoing personality and ability to communicate efficiently with a variety of people
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc., is an equal employment opportunity employer (EEO) committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, email@example.com.