Note: should live local to Wheaten or Western Suburbs.
The IT Consultant position is part of the IT Support Team with a wide variety of responsibilities for remote or on-site service requests for hardware, application support, and routine computer support issues, according to urgency. Strong customer relations, follow-up to ensure that service has been completed to customer's satisfaction are a must.
You'll need to have many skills or be willing to quickly learn and adapt to the applications and services we support. This can be any application that our customers use in their environment. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and learn very quickly. This candidate will also need to do some training on their own to learn some of the technology that we support for our customers.
The initial responsibilities include working with Senior Systems Engineers to engineer solutions for IT projects as well as providing application and network administration for client support agreements. This can also require you to support Active Directory, Servers, Cloud application, Windows clients to name just a few. The perfect candidate would be a professional, detail-oriented and self-motivated individual who excels at completing tasks successfully and efficiently and continuously likes to learn new technology, and can adapt to changing tasks on a very frequent basis. Depending on your skills, motivation, flexibility and ability to add value to a growing company will be based on how fast your hourly rate can increase.
- Serve as primary engineering contact on IT support issues and other projects.
- Set up and install computers, hardware, software, servers, and network equipment.
- Identify and resolve business applications and related system issues and performance problems.
- Updating Windows Servers and Windows Clients.
- Updating and Managing Exchange Server Users.
- Business applications support.
- Networking and Wireless.
- Desktops and Laptop support setup and troubleshooting.
- Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10.
- Storage and NAS devices.
- Troubleshoot server and workstation software and hardware.
- Perform hardware upgrades and swaps.
- Establish backup and recovery procedures.
- Interface with external vendors as necessary
- Actively participate with Senior Systems Engineer team in planning, coordinating, and implementing project-based work.
- Identifying and correcting security concerns.
- Instituting virus prevention and and helping with remediation
- Support of client systems on a regular, scheduled, and emergency basis
- IT Security
- Phone system VOIP. RingCentral is a plus
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Microsoft Windows experience including system implementation, management and documentation.
- Ability to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving or troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Ability to travel to client premises on occasions.
- High level of independence and strong client service skills.
- Organizational ability is important to keep track of all tasks, because the job requires a great deal of multi-tasking. We also require accurate and timely tracking of client work, service calls.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Google, Bing AdWords management / SEO
- WordPress Development
- Mac OS
- SQL Administration
- Some network infrastructure administration of routers, firewalls and switches is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
- Certifications including: MCSE
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Willingness to learn
We know these are a lot of skills and requirements, and if you have all these skills lets talk about becoming a partner in the firm! ;-)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $30.00 to $80.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $80.00 /hour
- Help Desk Support: 5 years (Preferred)
- Windows 10: 3 years (Required)
- Office 365 Admin: 3 years (Preferred)
- Wireless: 3 years (Preferred)
- Windows 7: 5 years (Required)
- Firewalls: 2 years (Preferred)
- Active Directory: 3 years (Required)
- Windows Troubleshooting: 5 years (Required)
- Network Administration: 5 years (Required)
Hours per Week:
Full Time Opportunity:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment