PlayPower, a world leader in producing premier recreation equipment from commercial playgrounds to floating boat docks. is seeking a
Director of CI/Lean
Are you a person with a passion for continually improving processes, identifying critical metrics and problem solving?
We are looking to fill a Full-time Director of CI/Lean within the Operations Department in Monett MO
If this is you or someone you know, let’s talk!
- Develops continuous improvement strategy that aligns to the enterprise strategy, end market operating plans and global operational strategy while taking into account present operational realities
- In collaboration with Plant Manager and VP/Operations and SC, proactively develop a robust pipeline of continuous improvement projects (prioritized by financial return to the enterprise) to be worked.
Undertakes regular and frequent financial reporting to continuously ensure results are meeting or exceeding commitments on all initiatives/projects. Establish internal processes to be able to present the
performance and financial analysis to the senior management team on a regular basis.
- Ensures the development of a robust Continuous Improvement Future State Provides oversight and guidance for all Continuous Improvement initiatives within their area of responsibility.
Champions all aspects of the Company’s Continuous Improvement Strategy in partnership with business leaders and key operations leadership
- Establish manufacturing, sourcing, procurement, and engineering value stream maps and current state assessments of functional performance.
- Develop dashboards / score cards for manufacturing, sourcing, procurement, and engineering functions.
- Serves as the “go-to” person to assist business units in the assessment of major improvement initiatives. Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement initiatives that
provide the highest impact on operational excellence and continuous improvement metrics.
Qualified applicants will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering or a related discipline preferred
- 5 years or more experience in operations management, with at least two years spent in roles leading and driving Continuous Improvement
- Lean Certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical data
- The ability to easily work at all levels across the organization, to connect with all levels of colleagues, and to solicit and accept constructive input from others.
- Excellent communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment
- Solid understanding in applying Lean methods and tools including Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, 5S, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, daily management, and kaizen.
- Experience having successfully implemented and sustained Lean management and other CI initiatives is required, including across back-office functions
PlayPower offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, paid time off, health insurance and 401(K) for full-time positions. Qualified candidates only.
No phone or email inquiries please.
Resumes will only be accepted through the deadline date. Although we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Additional company information is available at www.PlayPower.com.
Reference checks and pre-employment drug testing will be conducted.
PlayPower is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.