- Data Mining
HMS TECHNOLOGIES is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our team. This position will be part of a group that will support a large, multi-disciplinary Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) contract providing Program Management and Technical Support services, including strategic planning, project and program management, and engineering and technical support. VA Information Technology Operations and Services (ITOPS) provides enterprise-level infrastructure engineering, system implementation, production operations, and IT service management. ITOPS is responsible for the design, testing, deployment, and sustainment of platforms and supporting infrastructure. Within ITOPS Service Operations (SO) has full accountability and responsibility for all system operations and production service delivery across the agency. SO is comprised of five major divisions: End User Operations, Infrastructure Operations, Enterprise Command Operations, Enterprise Security Operations, and the new Service Management Office. This five-year contract consists of more than 500 staff from multiple companies, involves interaction with senior VA officials, and has high visibility in VA.
- Provide services related to all types of data management, Database Management Systems (DBMS), and database applications including, but not limited to:
- Logical and physical modeling and design/redesign
- Installation, administration, tailoring, tuning, troubleshooting, integrating, patching, upgrading, reporting, COOP, and backup/recovery/archiving/encryption
- Encryption key management
- Develop, maintain, optimize, transition and decommission Extract Transform Load (ETL) capabilities and scripts de-personalization of data, and data protection procedure development
- Provide data mining and Business Intelligence (BI) expertise to include product recommendation, selection, implementation, dashboard and report development, BI strategies, decision support, and data/report distribution.
- Provide data processing and analytics expertise to support enterprise capture, curation, storage, search, processing, sharing, transfer, analysis, virtualization, etc.
- Provided near real-time analytics including unstructured and structured, large and complex data on an enterprise scale.
- Meet broad-based interoperability requirements at the Federal, state and local level.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree (required)
- 5 years of Database Administration
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills with experience interfacing government officials
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with SQL and database procedural languages
- Knowledge of distributed databases and partitioning
- Knowledge of scalable data architectures
- Java programming experience
- Scripting language experience (sh, bash, python, perl, etc)
- Any certifications as related to the skills required for this position [desired]
- Experience working in VA or other Government agency [desired]
- Experience supporting corporate business development activities, including proposals
- Public Trust Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Database Administration: 5 years (Required)
- Java programming: 4 years (Preferred)
- scripting language (sh, bash, python, perl, etc): 4 years (Required)
- Database Management Systems: 4 years (Preferred)
- working in VA or other Government agency: 5 years (Preferred)
- SQL and database procedural languages: 4 years (Preferred)
- supporting corporate business development activities: 5 years (Preferred)