Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream about sustainable, hassle-free transportation. We are filled with people passionate about robots and action sports. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S'12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley's most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
As a Product Manager at Boosted, you will work directly with design, engineering, business operations and our executive team to build products that will drive the future of lightweight, electric vehicles. You will be empowered to identify, prioritize, manage, and ship new features and new ideas to our growing customer base.
To help you accomplish this, we'll offer you the environment to execute on your vision, including an incredible team to help you every step of the way. We expect continual product innovation and we're always focused on delighting our customers with every new release.
The ideal candidate has a strong product sense, outstanding customer empathy, and a history of leading teams to create highly engaging HW/SW product experiences. You will use your own experience and an affinity for data-based decisions to lead product strategy, collaborate with design/marketing/engineering on product scope, define PRD and KPIs, and usher the cross-functional team through launch.
Our team is human - thoughtful, approachable, hungry, reliable and accountable. We are passionate about tackling some of the biggest challenges in transportation.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
What you'll do
- Be an owner of features and products, end to end. Lead the ideation, feature and technical development, and launch of innovative products, ranging from new product lines to new features and extensions for existing product lines.
- Live the problems your products solve. Use the products you're managing on a daily basis.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy.
- Track trends in EV technology and integrate into Boosted's product strategy.
- Deeply understand customers, technology, competition, and market dynamics; synthesize into company and product line strategy.
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch.
- Bridge the technical and business worlds by collaborating with design, engineering, marketing, and support teams.
- Develop and communicate product priorities across the company by collaborating with exec team and various functions and building consensus among them.
- Develop and lead full roadmap process, including not only technical product, but go-to-market roadmap including service and supportability, key messaging to marketing, and support of critical pre-launch activities.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products, and feedback into ongoing product roadmap program.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- 6+ years product management experience in consumer-facing hardware and/or networked consumer hardware products.
- Experience shipping a connected device or multi-platform products (i.e. firmware & mobile & web).
- Experience working with transportation, sports, robotics, or physical mobility-related products helpful.
- Experience working with products that have networked/associated consumer apps and data helpful.
- Experience working with consumer products with health, safety, logistics compliance requirements helpful.
- Experience in high-growth company environments, including new product launches in new segments, ideal.
- Experience managing other product managers.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills.
- Master's Degree in Product Leadership, Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or an equivalent in work experience.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch everyday
- Snacks/drinks available throughout the day
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Generous time off policy
- Team outings and ongoing events