We are a growing law firm in Baton Rouge looking to add a full-time receptionist and a legal assistant to our team.
This position will provide administrative assistance and performs general office functions to ensure the smooth operation of the law firm, which include, but is not limited to:
- Handle incoming phone calls
- Prepare general correspondence and legal documents under the supervision of counsel.
- Mange files by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; and inputting information into electronic data base.
- Perform other clerical and administrative duties upon request.
- Perform essential functions of position while maintaining confidentiality of client
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Communication skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients and with fellow employees
- Knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Adobe, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Ability to complete professional, error free documents utilizing good grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, agreement letters, memoranda, reports outlines, schedules and client communications
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruption
- Positive attitude.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Legal Assistant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Baton Rouge, LA (Preferred)