The Capture Manager is responsible for new business development including opportunity identification and qualification, capture management, proposal development and preparation for new business and current programs in the Munitions & Environmental Remediation business unit. The ideal candidate is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a capture strategy to achieve planned revenue growth in the federal marketplace.
The Capture Manager is responsible for managing cross-functional teams to win assigned business opportunities, from the point when the opportunity is selected for pursuit until the contract is awarded. The Capture Manager plans, directs, and controls all activities related to the Capture effort, including accountability of all phases of Capture Management. The Candidate must be able to manage large, complex capture efforts and lead a team comprised of multiple functional experts supporting the effort. This position reports to the Head of Capture Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements marketing plans, including identifying, screening and qualifying viable business opportunities
- Develops capture plans and coordination of opportunities, including preparation and management of B&P Requests
- Develops win strategies for programs to be bid, including price, technical and business considerations
- Prepares marketing materials and briefings for customer calls
- Conducts training and education of line managers and other supporting personnel concerning federal government acquisition process and Caliburn proposal development processes
- Participates in solutions development strategy sessions providing input based on customer trends and requirements
- Develops Gate Reviews and presents Pursuit and Bid Decisions (Gate Review) briefings to management in accordance with, Caliburn’s Business Development process continuum
- Establishes and supports relationships with customers, partners, and suppliers that enhance new business opportunities, and comply with company policies and standards
- Represents Caliburn to potential customers in the federal government arena
- Builds and maintains the opportunity Capture Plan
- Qualifies all opportunity targets as assigned
- Builds and manages the Capture Team organization as a task organized entity comprised of all Caliburn functional departments and coordinate with staff principals for resource inclusion
- Develops Win Strategies, including Capture Plans and communications campaigns (call plans)
- Leads solutions development strategy sessions (Blue Teams) providing input based on pursuit customer trends and requirements
- Executes a comprehensive Call Plan/Office Visit Plan for key customer individuals
- Develops and manages the Capture Budget, including the sales and marketing and the bid and proposal budgets, updating as required
- Identifies project key personnel as necessary
- Conducts competitive assessments
- Selects relevant Past Performance contracts
- Prepares and provides information and decision briefings for senior management
- Works with the Proposal Manager in development and execution of a Proposal Management Plan, including technical, management, pricing, and past performance/corporate experience
- Attends scheduled site visits as required, participates in job fairs, and attends industry day events
- Develops appropriate teaming strategies, including negotiation of teaming agreements and work scope
- Oversees development and oral presentations as required
- Ensures all information relevant to target capture is updated on a regular basis in SalesForce
- Maintains a current prioritized pipeline of opportunities as assigned and under Capture
- Contributes to the strategic vision for Caliburn’s BD
- Shares in the responsibility for ensuring Caliburn’s culture reflects collaboration, teamwork, and commitment to the overall success of the organization
- Prepares White Papers and Statement of Work (SOW) packages as necessary
- Works closely with Senior Capture Manager and Caliburn Vice President of Business Development to support and assist the Executive Team
- Maintains current knowledge of Caliburn Policies and Procedures, USG (i.e. DHS, DOD, and DOS) and International Government/Organizational Policies (i.e. NATO, UN), contractual requirements, and any relevant regulations to provide agency-wide international support
- Forms part of the administrative services team who provide ongoing support to Caliburn programs to support agency-wide development of programs, program expansion, special projects, and strategies for agency growth
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings, trainings, workshops, conferences, and any other staff related activities required by the position
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business administration or marketing and 3-5 years of capture management/business development and sales experience in the federal government marketplace
- Development of successful capture management plans for large procurements
- Development of proposals in response to federal government RFPs
- Experience with developing strategic pricing and conducting Price-to-Win analysis
- Demonstrated and proven skills in management of large capture and/or business development opportunities
- Experience working with senior and executive management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with customers and building trusting relationships
- Excellent sales and communication skills and ability to manage appropriate responses to the federal government acquisition process
- Demonstrated completion of Capture Management and Proposal Management training courses
- Complete understanding of general indirect and direct cost structuring
- Demonstrated experience developing win strategies to include technical courses of action (COAs) and Price-to-Win
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as dictated by contract initiatives (i.e. MRPT, DOD Secret, etc.)
- Frequent International and Domestic travel up to 50% of the time. International travel may include the Middle East and remote locations
- Master’s degree in business management or related field
- 5+ years of capture experience
- Advanced project management skills
- Experience capturing large and complex contracts exceeding $100 million in dollar value
- Participates in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain a specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within an area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance with our Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of staff activities
- Able to withstand desert-like, heat, and prone to dust storms
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel in the Middle East is required by surface or air
Caliburn International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Caliburn International LLC is a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
Caliburn Medical Services supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about Caliburn and our career opportunities, visit us at www.caliburnintl.com.
Job Type: Full-time