Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health Authority is a four county community mental health organization, located in Alpena Michigan on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron and is accredited by CARF in 17 programs. We service the Sunrise Side counties in northeast Michigan (Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency,and Presque Isle) with the purpose to provide comprehensive services and supports that enable people to live and work independently.
Why Join Northeast Michigan Community Mental Health?
Our goal is to offer Clinicians the best of both worlds: a positive and exciting work environment with a healthy and balanced home life.
· Provides psychiatric emergency services that will include: triage, crisis intervention and stabilization, referral and/or short term brief therapy for all consumers of mental health services (adult and children)
· Will be assigned to work with consumers who display more serious/difficult signs/symptoms of serious and persistent mental illness/serious emotional disturbances
· It is essential that the staff work within a team framework, and demonstrate willingness to work with others
· Will develop and complete Intake Assessments, pre-plans and Individual Plans of Service, consistent with person centered planning guidelines, on children, adolescents, and adults requesting services from the MI Division on the date of service, or as scheduled.
· Staff will be able to correctly triage, assess (utilizing available assessment methods) and report to agency psychiatrist and other team members the consumer’s mental health status and planned course of action.
· Service provision will include assessing treatment needs of consumers residing in the jails, providing brief therapy, facilitating weekly group therapy sessions for consumers with specific psychiatric disorders, etc.
· Will participate in the agencies on-call services team
· Masters Degree from a recognized or accredited institution with course work in mental health. Staff must be licensed as a LMSW or LLMSW in the state of Michigan
· One or more years of relevant mental health crisis intervention/stabilization experience preferred.
· Ability to adequately participate in psychiatric emergency triage with emphasis on problem resolution, crisis stabilization, and utilization of “brief therapy” interventions. Good communication skills (both verbal and written are required.)
· Possess state registration/licensing consistent with qualifications and education.
· Functional computer literacy is required.
· Full Fringe Benefit Package
· Competitive Salary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,737.00 to $62,649.00 /year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: