Located in Manhattan, The New York Proton Center (NYPC) is one of the most unique and respected clinical partnerships in the world of proton therapy. The collaboration between Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center and Mount Sinai Health System brings state of the art proton therapy treatment to the patients of New York and the surrounding areas. The Consortium is managed by ProHEALTH Medical management, LLC.
Our team at NYPC is comprised of highly motivated, passionate, professional and engaged individuals working together as a dynamic team to deliver an exceptional level of patient care, providing the most advanced proton therapy technology. We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package with flexibility for growth and career advancement.
If you meet the criteria and would like to be a part of our collaborative, innovative and patient focused team, please apply with a cover letter and copy of your resume, or CV, to the current opportunity listed below.
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for providing helpdesk and desktop support to New York Proton Center (NYPC) employees. Responsibilities also include root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with Information Services (IS) team members. The Technical Support Analyst will analyze IS related challenges in order to identify solutions, prevent reoccurrences and improve processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation
- Answer and/or assists with incoming calls, support ticket requests, and coordinate appropriate corrective action
- Provide service and support for desktop and mobile computer systems, including troubleshooting, hardware/software configuration, desktop automation, and new technology research and development
- Handle common support issues, i.e., password resets, printer setups; phone/passcode resets; basic wireless connectivity; and basic issues relating to Office tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Work on special projects to improve operating efficiency of technical/applications support
- Comply with all New York Proton Center policies related to Privacy Rules established under the Health Information Privacy and Portability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Perform other job-related duties, as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field of study, preferred
- At least 1 year experience in the field of IT/IS providing customer support; troubleshooting basic user issues (software/hardware related)
- Prior experience in documenting activities in a service desk management system
- Familiarity with Cisco internetworks, routers/switches and related protocols, LAN/WAN Security, firewalls, load balancers and wireless strongly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills are required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential
- Experience creating reports with MS office products (Excel, Visio, MS Word) is strongly desired
- Willingness to work extra hours as operations needs dictate
The New York Proton Center (NYPC) strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.