The Vice President of Academic Practices supports the Integrated Practice Agreement signed by RWJ Medical School and RWJBarnabas Health where both parties desire to build, in a financially sustainable manner, within the academic health system, an Aligned Clinical Enterprise to be operated by RWJBH, in coordination with the University and its University Deans and Directors and University Department Chairs, Vice Chairs, and Division Chiefs, and other faculty leadership, so as to advance the Parties shared clinical, academic, and research missions, and to facilitate the recruitment, retention, and performance of personnel, and, as part of building the Aligned Clinical Enterprise.
The Vice President (VP) of Operations Academic Practices is responsible to collaborate with the Academic Chairs and Rutgers Senior Clinic Administrators in providing clinic operational management of Medical Group ambulatory practice sites at the academic medical center locations. In collaboration with RWJBH corporate services and the University Department Chairs, this individual ensures a high-quality and safe patient experience, exceptional patient care, and with productive and profitable operations. With RWJBH and University leadership, the VP of Operations Academic Practices prioritizes, creates and develops organizational goals and implementation plans required to achieve multi-specialty practice objectives and long-term growth. The position is responsible for the overall evaluation and process to increase and maintain high levels of quality patient care and employee safety across practices.
This VP oversees and manages the resources required to improve profitability and efficiency. This VP manages business growth and profitability, reviews operations management data, budgets, HIPAA-related compliance reporting and activities as well as all applicable laws, policies and regulations governing the medical group.
- Assure the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care services are reviewed and evaluated on a regular basis and adequate actions required by findings are implemented.
- Utilize a variety of feedback and works collaboratively with leadership, practice management, and staff to identity and pursue opportunities for improvement.
- Establish and revise standards for all areas to achieve maximum cost-efficiency and operational performance.
- Define, develop and implement policies and procedures that guide and support provision of service in specific practices.
- Make effective staffing recommendations for current and future needs of practice/department.
- Improve the type and scope of services required to meet the needs of patients and medical group.
- Monitor net return on individual programs and conduct cost analysis.