Penn Medicine is looking for an Assistant Graphic Designer!
The Assistant Graphic Designer supports the Director of Creative Services and Associate Director by representing the organization’s strategies in a visually appropriate manner, reinforcing the Penn Medicine brand and supporting initiatives with the goal of increasing patient volumes and achieving service line specific objectives. He/she provides designs that achieve goals, delivers on all stages of a project, and works in any medium necessary to support strategies.
Works under close management of the Associate Director.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Minimum Requirements:Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
- STRATEGICALLY DESIGNED COLLATERAL The Assistant Graphic Designer is responsible for following art direction and providing the most appropriate and strategically designed collateral based on project scope and need. This designer will carry a project through from initial concept to completion while managing print/digital production and adhering to budget and deadlines. He/she also possesses communication skills and a mastery of self-management. Through creative ideas and thoughtful actions, this designer also perpetuates the high level of quality service provided by the Division of Creative Services.
- ORGANIZATION AND AFFILIATE BRANDING. The Assistant Graphic Designer has an understanding of the Penn Medicine and affiliate brands and serves as an advocate by reinforcing the brand to all audiences. He/she understands the guidelines in the organization’s brand manual and upholds the branding standards as needed on behalf of the Division of Creative Services.
- PRINT PRODUCTION. The Assistant Graphic Designer has a working knowledge of print production and possesses the skills to manage the print process from quoting through to completion. This includes selecting appropriate vendors as per project needs, negotiating with vendors, resolving problems at or after production/print stage, meeting budget and timing demands and maintaining a positive, professional relationship with organization vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design required
- Up to 2 years of graphic design experience, preferably in a corporate setting
- Proficient in Apple Macintosh platform and its peripherals
- Required proficiency in Adobe CC Programs: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Must be very well organized
- Must have ability to work independently and effectively
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.