BLOOD BANK SUPERVISOR (SBB) – JOB #250
Position Type: Full-time (exempt), Monday – Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
Location: 415 6th Street, Lewiston, Idaho
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Under the general direction of the General Manager and Laboratory Medical Director, the Blood Bank Manager has 24-hour responsibility for his/her assigned area. You are responsible for recommending budgets, developing area specific operating procedures, and providing input into the overall operation of the Blood Bank. The Blood Bank Manager is also responsible for the internal operation of his/her assigned area, and manages Pathologists’ Regional Laboratory resources to effectively and efficiently meet customer service commitments of the laboratory. Functions as a key member of the laboratory in making decisions and demonstrating leadership that advances and supports the laboratory. Ensures personnel follow safety, environmental, infection control, and laboratory departmental policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
POSITION DIMENSIONS: Exempt.
WORK PERFORMED: 1) Human Negotiation Skills: a) Follows Laboratory Thinking and displays a professional appearance at all times with employees and clients.b) Seeks and maintains a positive mental attitude with a helpful and courteous attitude c) Participates in continuing education through current literature, attending telelectures and seminars to continuously improve skills.
2) Operation Excellence a) Complies with all safety policies and procedures b) Compiles cost reports; prepares productivity ratios and charts. c) Complies with laws, regulatory agencies and professional oversight groups, i.e., JCAHO, CAP. d) Maintains competence by consistent review of policies and procedures. e) Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
3) Objective Management: a) Special Projects: (Listed on Performance Evaluation as assigned) b) Other duties as assigned.
4) Workgroup Participation: a) Provides support as needed to other departments within the laboratory.
5) Position Summary a) Confidence & ability to work independently. b) Excellent technical skills. c) Excellent organizational skills. d) Planning skills. e) Interpersonal skills.f) Communication skills. g) Problem solving skills. h) Team-working skills. i) IT skills and statistical application usage.
EXPERIENCE BACKGROUND: Five years experience in a medical laboratory
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: BS Degree MT(ASCP) or equivalent SBB Certification
Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- BLOOD BANK: 5 years (Preferred)
- medical technologist: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift