Clinical Technical Service Representative
Polymedco Inc. is a leading manufacturer, marketer, and distributer in the clinical laboratory marketplace. Polymedco supplies clinical diagnostic test kits and devices that are specialized in hematology and cancer. We are a world leader in non-invasive colorectal cancer screening technology, providing the new standard of care with the OC FIT-CHEK® product line.
Since 1980, Polymedco has evolved into a highly skilled and successful marketing, sales, and manufacturing organization.
Combined with an experienced team of field representatives and strong technical service personnel, Polymedco provides a high level of customer, technical and reimbursement support.
Polymedco is located in northern Westchester County in the town of Cortlandt Manor, New York.
We are currently looking for a Clinical Technical Service Representative to join our team!
The Clinical Technical Service Representative will provide customers with on-site installation of and training on medical diagnostic equipment, reagents and testing kits. In addition, they will provide phone and field technical support and training for new hires/Sales Representatives, as well as perform laboratory testing on Polymedco products.
This is a great opportunity for independent, outgoing, motivated, initiative taking Lab Technicians or Technologists seeking to get out of the laboratory and work directly with customers and Sales Representatives.
- Answer and return phone calls from customers and sales representatives to provide technical assistance with laboratory operations and product related inquiries/issues, as defined in all relevant departmental SOP’s.
- Perform customer cold calls and maintain proper documentation
- Travel up to 25% to 50% of time to customer sites to perform analyzer installation and analyzer and product training, as defined in all relevant SOP’s.
- Working Hours are rotating 8-5 or 9-6 as needed. After hours on call required as needed.
- Initiate, maintain and complete complaint tickets. Perform customer site assessments, necessary complaint and installation follow-up activities and maintain proper documentation.
- Assist with new hire and sales representative training on products and equipment.
- Assist in laboratory activities including, but not limited to, proficiency testing, product qualification studies, troubleshooting studies, customer correlation and various special studies.
- Assist in special projects as requested and other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum of Associates Degree or higher in Medical Technology, Biology, Nursing degree required.
- Working experience in a clinical laboratory or other clinically related field preferred.
- Recent college graduate with technical experience encouraged to apply. Will provide on the job training.
- Must be able to assist with lifting and transporting equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
- Have excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Have good voice, diction and customer handling skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet Explorer.
Polymedco offers a competitive salary and incentive bonus program along with a comprehensive benefit package. We offer the following: Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, Life, FSA, HRA and 401k.
Visit our website at www.polymedco.com.
Polymedco is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Are you able to travel up to 25 – 50% as needed to client locations?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required