Homestead Building Systems, Inc., has been servicing the Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C. Area with the finest truss systems and wall panels for residential construction since 1996. Our company provides framing manufacturing, distribution, and construction services to the most respected home builders in the marketplace. We’re seeking a self-starting, highly motivated, and goal-oriented IT Manager. This position reports to the Process Development Manager.
- Management and coordination of all IT related matters. This is a hands-on position that will require both leading a small staff of 3rd party IT professionals and performing hands-on technical and hardware support.
- Creates and executes a multi-year IT strategic plan in alignment with business goals.
- Implements IT security best practices to ensure safety of data and systems. Sets direction and manages infrastructure and systems.
- Develops and maintains contingency plans.
- Serves as the in-house liaison and incident response contact with the 3rdparty IT Managed Services Provider (MSP) where the MSP provides Desktop/Help Desk support, Network Administration, and Continuous Security Monitoring services.
- Vendor Management - For vendors such as MSP, ISP, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Monitors vendor performance against defined service expectations and addresses any insufficiencies in service level.
- Researches the vendor market and provide recommendations of competitive providers.
- Coordinates regular 3rd party IT vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Plans application system upgrades, installation of new releases, patch management, and migration to new systems.
- Ensures proper configuration, maintenance, and operation of computer and network systems, servers, and virtualization.
- Coordinates regular employee IT training and testing.
- Works with the Supervisor to determine priority of projects.
- While executing projects, maintains records of project status, notifying the Supervisor as resource needs change (need different equipment, different timeframe, etc.).
- Provides on-demand assistance for users, as required.
- Demonstrates predictable, reliable attendance.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field
- 10+ Years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or other public cloud services.
- Pertinent work experience in a Microsoft On-Prem / Azure network administration environment.
- Strong knowledge of developing and implementing IT and helpdesk best practices, including data protection, storage, security, and disaster recovery
- Experience in Project Management and Process Management
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Working knowledge of virtualization (VMWare)
- Must interact with both in-person and remote employees.
- System Administration/IT certifications (Windows Server, CompTIA Server+ or A+) are strongly preferred.
- Unafraid to roll up sleeves, collaborate with the team, and work through issues.
- Passionate and self-motivated, always learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks in real time.
- Team player who is approachable and maintains a positive attitude under pressure.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be willing and able to regularly report in person to company facilities, in both office and industrial settings
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of area and overnight travel is expected.
Home Office Location
- 10109 Piper Lane, Bristow, VA 20136
- 18446 Booster Park Circle, Orange, VA 22960
- This position requires mostly sitting in front at a desk with occasional walking, bending, lifting, pulling or stooping.
- Must be able to detect issues/errors in documents and communicates constantly with others.
- Must be able to walk throughout the manufacturing and distribution facilities and yards.
- This position operates in both an office and a warehouse environment as well as outside where there’s exposure to inclement weather, sometimes working in heat and cold. At times the noise level may be loud.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bristow, VA 20136: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person