The Hosting Services organization builds and operates one of the world’s largest enterprise hosting environments.
This role will perform the following responsibilities:
- Analyze requirements, identify gaps and execute plans for private cloud and virtualization projects.
- Work closely with subject matter experts, system administrators, and operations leaders to ensure delivery of private cloud and virtualization solutions.
- Understand and adhere to GIS security requirements
- Identify trends and areas of opportunity, by turning data into actionable information related to the operational effectiveness of private cloud and virtualization solutions.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for analyzing data.
- Utilize in-depth technical knowledge and project management experience to design and implement solutions.
- 5+ years experience with cloud and virtualization design and solutions
- Good understanding of virtual automation workflow administration tools such as: vRA/vRO
- Demonstrated experience with VMWare and/or Azure
- Hypervisor ESX/ESX, Hyper-V
- Virtualization vCenter, vRealize Automation vRA
- Automation & Orch vRA/vRO, Powershell, Vsphere PowerCLI
- Security Active Directory
- Networking DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VLAN/VXLAN, Virtual switch/NIC configuration, F5 BigIP, SDN /NSX
- Database MSSQL
- API VMWare (Vcenter, VRealize, vRO) AD, WS-SOAP, REST, Data Format (CSV, XML, JSON, YAML)
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security and/or related technology field
- Strong problem solving skills, data validation, and testing to identify/resolve errors and exceptions
- Knowledge of hosting platforms, with emphasis on security and access controls
- Ability to articulate technical and business issues and solutions effectively to business or technical staff across organizational layers
- Demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking in complex situations and an ability to synthesize ambiguous data into concrete insights
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to highlight gaps and promote common understanding between stakeholders, engineering groups and operations
- Ability to operate independently and self-lead workload and projects
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Security or related field experience
- Cloud Platforms: VMWare, Azure private cloud
- Hypervisor ESX/ESXi, Hyper-V
- Virtualization Software Defined Network (NSX) Software Defined Storage (VSAN)
- Automation & Orch Bash, Batch, Python, vRA/vRO
- Security Syslog/NG, Splunk (VRLI)/Cloudera, Qualys, VMWare VCM security integration, ESM
- Networking 3DNS, Cisco, Arista, AVI
- Database Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and respond to rapidly changing demands
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: