Sound Labs is hiring its first ever Senior Producer to be a key partner in the development, execution, and ongoing success of the Sound Labs program. This is an incredible opportunity to build the foundation of the Sound Labs program and help capture the imagination of a generation.
The Senior Producer will be responsible for bringing the Sound Labs mission to life in the community while ensuring that the organization behind this work is running efficiently. This role will have its hands in several different initiatives from PR to leading special projects to budget management. If you consider yourself a Jill or Jack of all trades, love networking, have production and project management experience, than we want to hear from you.
Why Sound Labs Wants You:
- You have extensive knowledge of the kind of work that goes on behind the scenes of an amazing event or project and you are comfortable being the person who makes sure everything is executed appropriately.
- You have your own ideas about new, innovative, and impactful ways to bring people together through experiences and storytelling
- You understand that events are stories and stories are events
- You are a master at organizing both people and things. You have a way of getting everyone on the same page and you don’t shy away from complex problems, in fact you love puzzles and are always up for a challenge.
- Your mind is full of ideas and you are regularly putting those ideas into action. People would say you are the “creative” type and a “doer.”
- You are a natural networker.
- You enjoy managing others (up and down) and your team members would say you are a great mentor.
- You appreciate structure and can ensure those around you understand, believe in and appreciate the structure you create.
- You’re not afraid of getting into the weeds with numbers.
The Day to Day:
- Program and Produce regular events (networking, informational/recruitment, open-to-the-public programming like talks, live album listening sessions etc., and field trips.)
- Work with potential partners, mentors, and influencers to turn their interest into action with things like workshops, lectures, special events, etc.
- Be the project lead for tent-pole Sound Labs programs like Creator Camp, Songs From Scratch, SND SYTM Live shows, etc.
- Manage a team of two (Content Manager and Operations Coordinator), overseeing their day-to-day and ensuring their ongoing success.
- Maintain comprehensive financial records across the organization including quarterly budget projections and spending reports, budgets for special projects, events, programs, field trips, etc.
- Be the main point of contact for adidas and all third parties.
- Manage the Sound Labs grant process alongside program directors. Produce the process of delivering on the grant’s promise.
- Hire and manage outside vendors (PR, transportation, cleaning, catering, security etc).
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of experience as a producer in film or within an agency
- A deep understanding of the music and visual arts industry and all aspects of production
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Event planning and event management experience
- Organizational and partnership development experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly organized and operationally minded
Why You’ll Want to Work at Sound Labs:
- You will be at the forefront of a first-of-its-kind education program for creators building the global creator economy. You will help establish the framework for future programs of this nature and have a hand in making the Sound Labs brand a household name.
- Work with a group of extremely passionate and creative individuals with deeply rooted expertise in the musical and visual arts.
- An opportunity to use your skills for social good.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Sound Labs was created to build a music and visual arts incubator that provides this generation of creative polymaths with the tools, resources, and real-world opportunities to practice every position in the new music creator ecosystem. We believe that by providing a space for a new generation of creators to flourish, we are enabling the voices of a generation to be captured and shared. To do this successfully, we actively seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education and everything that makes us unique. We are united in the belief that our voices are even more powerful when utilizing art as expression and we aim to be a workplace that reflects the various backgrounds of our creators. Sound Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)