Pull-A-Part, LLC, a leading DIY used auto parts retailer and recycler has the perfect opportunity for a dedicated and highly-capable Software QA Analyst with experience in a collaborative modern Agile Scrum environment. This position is responsible for performing software quality assurance activities related to the quality, reliability and compliance of Pull-A-Part’s products.
- Develop and perform software tests.
- Follow and enforce QA standards and best-practices.
- Responsible for assuring that output from the software development process includes adequate identification and interpretation of product requirements, such as a) traceability requirements, b) test requirements, c) usability, etc.
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assist in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase.
- Consult with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system.
- Define test methods and create test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Monitor program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Conduct compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
- Understanding of MS Office, especially MS Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent education and work experience.
- 2 years of related work experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of testing approaches for web-services, win-forms, and websites.
- Experience with testing in a Microsoft-focused development environment (C#, .NET, SQL Server)
- Experience working on a team with a strong Agile Scrum process, organization, and approach.
- Experience with continuous-delivery processes and technologies such as Octopus and Team-city.
- Understanding of SQL queries and relational table-design concepts.
- Self-starter, highly organized; Works well with all functional levels in the organization; Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; high level of business management and facilitation skill; capability to resolve complex problems with minimum confusion, frustration, and inconveniences for all parties concerned.
- Customer focused; Action-Oriented; Building Team Spirit; Self Development; Creativity & Innovation; Problem Solving; Ethics & Values
- Planning; Aggressiveness; Commitment; Closure; Listening; Response to Change; Task Completion; Decisiveness; Influence; Communications
- Experience with managing user-stories through Jira or a comparable tool.
- Experience with automation testing technologies and approaches.
- Previous automotive or recycling\ salvage industry experience.
- Java-script familiarity.
- Knowledge of Selenium or comparable technology.
$45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /annually