The WE NYC intern will assist in the collection, entry and analysis of WE NYC data in order to create strategies and parameters for impact evaluation. The successful candidate will turn data into information and insights that will inform program decisions.
About WE NYC
WE NYC (Women Entrepreneurs NYC) is a City initiative, led by SBS, to support and empower women entrepreneurs. It is the first City program in the country to address the entrepreneurship gender gap by offering a set of business services tailored to the needs of women entrepreneurs. Since launching in 2015, WE NYC has provided 7000+ services to women entrepreneurs in NYC, held 800+ workshop hours, 300+ hours of mentorship and our Facebook Group has attracted 5000+ followers, among other milestones. Recently, the Dell Global WE Cities Ranking cited NYC as the best city in the world for a woman to be an entrepreneur for the second year in a row. The report directly mentions the impact of WE NYC in the ecosystem.
Some specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support with collection and entry of data in the SBS Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and interpret data to analyze results
- Conduct program performance reporting and monitoring of program impact
- Develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality by defining new process improvement opportunities
- Assist with creating and implementing innovative grassroots strategy to engage WE NYC’s audience of women entrepreneurs, based on data analysis
- Support the delivery of WE NYC Events (Conferences
Minimum Qual Requirements
For Assignment Level I:
Matriculation at an accredited college or graduate school. Employment is conditioned upon continuance as a student in a college or graduate school.
For Assignment Level II (Information Technology):
Matriculation at an accredited college or graduate school. Employment is conditioned upon continuance as a student in a college or graduate school with a specific course of study in information technology, computer science, management information systems, data processing, or closely related field, including or supplemented by 9 semester credits in an acceptable course of study.
For Assignment Level III (Information Technology Fellow):
Matriculation at an accredited college or graduate school. Employment is conditioned upon continuance as a student in a college or graduate school with a specific course of study in information technology, computer science, management information systems, data processing, or other area relevant to the information technology project(s) assigned, including or supplemented by 9 semester credits in an acceptable course of study. Appointments to this Assignment Level will be made by the Technology Steering Committee through the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications.
Maximum tenure for all Assignment Levels in the title of College Aide is 6 years. No student shall be employed more than half-time in any week in which classes in which the student is enrolled are in session. Students may be employed full-time during their vacation periods.
- Proven track record in entrepreneurship, economic development, or public policy
- Experience working in data collection and analysis, including with CRM systems like Oracle or Salesforce
- Knowledge of challenges facing women business owners and strategies to advance their economic security
- Excellent written and oral communication and strategic thinking skills
- Experience with management of digital marketing platforms including social media channels
- Bilingual English-Spanish or English-Mandarin written proficiency a plus
- Strong, detail-oriented research and project management skills
- Maximum of 17 per hours per week
Please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line: Intern, FastTrac to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you do not have access to email, mail your cover letter & resume to:
NYC Department of Small Business Services Human Resources Unit
110 William Street / New York, New York 10038
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.