At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources team as a Human Resources Leader for World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Sales.
Based in Herndon and reporting to the Human Resources Leader for AWS World Wide Public Sector team, this individual will be the primary HR leader for several growing WWPS organizations. This role is part of a fun and passionate global HR and sales team and requires strong leadership and team collaboration across leadership teams, as well as Amazon wide projects and HR initiatives. We are looking for a seasoned professional who has the ability to diagnose issues, see patterns of problems as they dive deep and recommend immediate and long term programmatic solutions. They must be able to collaborate across groups, influence all levels of the organization, and roll up their sleeves and engage on a hands on basis with individuals/ groups of staff. They will need business acumen, executive coaching skills, excellent communications skills, and planning/project management skills. This individual must be able to balance competing priorities and conflicting opinions, and facilitate the best decisions for employees and the business in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
We are looking for a Human Resource leader who has the ability to diagnose issues and influence solutions/outcomes. The individual in this role must be able to interface effectively across all levels of the organization. You will need business acumen, excellent communication skills, influence skills, strategic thinking and planning/project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast paced, rigorous environment.
Responsibilities for the role include:
The WWPS HR team is looking for an experienced HR professional to drive the development and implementation of the WWPS HR strategy for its global public sector sales organization, across the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific by partnering with leaders across the globe.
In this position, you will partner with senior leaders (VPs and Directors) and their leadership teams to develop the talent strategy needed to support our tremendous growth, and build a work environment where employees can thrive and grow.
Working closely with specialist central HR teams, as well as matrixed site and international HR colleagues, you’ll also keep the right focus on assessing the HR needs in areas such as performance management, workforce planning, talent acquisition, career development, diversity and compensation/rewards.
Function as a consultant and counselor to key leaders and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans.
Partner with the business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
Partner with the business to lead our Organization and Leadership Review, which focuses on succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
Work with line managers and employees to address various employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
Partner with the AWS talent acquisition team to build systemic and scalable recruiting programs to create a sustainable pipeline of talent.
Serve as the Diversity leader for WWPS, leading the development, execution and partnership on a shared Diversity plan.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in an HR generalist leadership role, preferably in a high tech environment
- Experience working with global teams, and driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or MBA
- Global HR experience
- Proven ability to diagnose issues, drawing on both professional experience and strategic thinking skills, and drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Excellent knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Strong analytical skills, including the understanding of metrics to support plans and monitor performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills; strong facilitation skills
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Experience in coaching senior leaders and managers, and strong talent assessment skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams
- Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation