TITLE: Engineering Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Engineering and R & D
Under the direction of the VP of Engineering, manages and coordinates the work of skilled engineering staff placing particular emphasis on current product initiatives with the objective of maintaining and expanding existing product lines. Mentor, assist, advise, supervise and participate where required to effect sound engineering principles and theory to perfect products and exceed customer expectations.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the engineering group
- Responsible for the research and development of new products as determined by the company’s product development plan. Continually researches for new methods or components to enhance or improve existing products.
- As part of the management team, you will direct department in preparation of drawings, documentation, and validation, etc., necessary for the development of new product.
- Responsible for creating and tracking staff project schedule using MS Project or other scheduling software.
- Formulates aspects of project proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, cost, performance, resource requirements, schedule.
- Reviews and submits proposals for new products to management for consideration and allocation of funds
- Prepares and/or reviews engineering change requests; discusses feasibility with product development committee; develops and oversees preparation and implementation of all engineering change notices and document change control
- Conducts a continuous search of new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve the product line
- Prepares budget and schedules for the development of new product lines. Maintain system of budget and schedule control
- Responsible for coordinating IP related requirements for projects under the Engineering department jurisdiction
- Act as advisor to the area VP regarding his or her area of expertise and keeps management updated on all pertinent information
- Participate and positively contribute in Design Review and departmental meetings
- Thoroughly understand and adhere to Corporate goals, objectives, and strategy
- Establish and maintain credibility throughout the organization and with the Manager’s Forum as an effective developer of solutions and manager of business operations
- Responsible for area capital expenditures and manpower budgets by identifying short and long-term issues that must be addressed by recommending options and courses of action
- Achieve departmental financial objectives by preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action if necessary
- Responsible for the performance and optimal utilization of personnel by mentoring and providing educational opportunities while administering the employee evaluation program
- Responsible for the enforcement of discipline and the establishment and maintenance of positive morale amongst employees within scope of responsibility
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited school.
- 10+ years of experience with a minimum 4 years in leadership role
- Experienced project leader preferably in IC Engine, Powersports, Powertrain, or Product Development
- Previous Design experience in manufacturing / assembly environment
- Practiced in DFMEA, Root Cause Analysis, Design for Manufacture, and cost control
- Solidworks, GT Power, Epicor, Data Acquisition, or Simulation analysis experience a plus
- Flexible, energetic, forward-thinking, and creative with high moral and ethical standards
- High analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Well organized and self-directed
- Able to relate to people at all levels of the organization in a positive fashion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and ideas and serve as a mentor
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)