This person will maintain our second to none goal of being our customers’ number one supplier. You’ll be responsible for the design, formatting, appearance and layout of text and images for customer print production utilizing electronic files, digital equipment and specialized software. Produces proofs and plates.
- Utilize technologically advanced Flexographic presses, with 4 and 5 color 201 presses that have in-line Spectrophotometer and in-line Viscosity systems
- Design, create and modifiy art to customer specifications.
- Demonstrate and promote strong knowledge of plate setters, digital color proofing systems, and pre-press systems and technology.
- Ensure software is updated and enhanced as needed.
- Remain technically current in areas of expertise.
- Research and implement new software and equipment solutions within department budget.
- Actively promote the team environment and exemplifies a collaborative, proactive and positive approach both internally and externally.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all electronic and pre-press equipment.
- Maintain department equipment and applications.
- Work and communicate collaboratively with sales, customer service, customers and all production departments providing support and expertise pertaining to project and graphic specifications.
- Work within efficient production flow and job scheduling to achieve on-time and accurate project completion.
- Follow required processes and standard work to improve quality and production.
- Promote a safe work environment and good housekeeping, enforce compliance and actively participate in safety requirements and projects.
- Participate in team problem solving, offering suggestions and ideas.
- Additional responsibilities and projects as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Certificate or diploma in electronic pre-press operations or printing pre-press technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Complete understanding of 4-color process and working on specialty print jobs.
- Is proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress, InDesign, Acrobat and other software solutions. Proficient in all department software applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct problematic files.
- Skilled with Esko Automation Engine or other Pre-Press workflow solution.
- Proficient in typesetting, color matching and correction; image manipulation and font management. Knowledge of both flexo and litho printng.
- Strong knowledge of plate setters and digital color proofing systems.
- Complete understanding of preflight, imposition, trapping and outputting of electronically prepared input from customers.
- Continual use of keyboarding and mouse manipulation; visual acuity and color differentiation.