BCU Social Media Professional (Social Media and Community Management)
The Social Media Professional is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and executing BCU’s Social Media and Reputation Management strategies to increase brand awareness, grow social following, lead marketing efforts that increase profitability, and effectively manage the Credit Union’s social presence and overall reputation.
The Social Media Professional will achieve superior engagement across all stakeholder groups, increase website traffic and generate revenue by strategically managing all aspects of the Credit Union’s organic and paid social media strategy, including community and social reputation management, through competitive research, benchmarking, highly engaging messaging, audience identification, and amplification.
The ideal candidate for this role will have deep advertising/marketing experience with social media and review site platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Yelp, Google Reviews and more.
1. Responsible for the development and execution of content, engagement, promotion, and conversion strategies for the social media space with the ability to establish and measure ROI for each.
2. Design, create, and manage promotions and social ad campaigns that integrate with BCU’s overall marketing plan, developing a paid content and ad strategy across all of BCU’s owned and earned social channels.
3. Manage and grow a favorable BCU business and brand presence across social media channels and review sites, including, but not limited, to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Yelp, and Google Reviews.
4. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including our Social Member Care Team and multiple areas across the business, to monitor and manage BCU’s social channels and social community activity, identifying key players, and coordinating actions to provide exceptional member care and enhance BCU’s reputation and ratings on key review sites including Facebook, Yelp, and Google Reviews.
5. Leverage measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, continually finding ways to improve results through testing and new initiatives; tying these back to business objectives and providing a clear understanding of the returns.
Social Content, Campaign and Community Management
Responsible for the strategy and execution of BCU’s social media marketing and communication activities, including paid advertising:
- Develop, create, curate, manage, and share daily content in the BCU brand voice and visual brand identity across all of BCU’s social channels, including posts, photos, videos, graphics, events, paid ads, and more.
- Develop campaign structure and sets-up campaigns within social platforms
- Co-build and implement audience and targeting strategy across social plaforms
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in the “BCU” way, while cultivating leads and sales. Continuously collaborate with our in-house Social Member Care Team to synchronize social service initiatives, expectations, and evaluate overall effectiveness.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Attract, interact, and grow targeted virtual communities that includes all of BCU’s stakeholder groups.
- Analyze social campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO, and social advertising campaigns.
- Compiles data across social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports, including key metrics and analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
- Intermediate level understanding of Excel functions (ie. Pivot Table, chart building) and PowerPoint
- Monitor and align with effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of social campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
Monitor and enhance BCU’s online reputation and ratings on key review sites; provide exceptional member care:
- Oversee the monitoring and servicing of BCU’s owned and affiliated social media channels and review sites in collaboration with BCU’s Social Member Care Team and agency partner.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues, featuring reviews, and answering questions where appropriate.
- Manage our Surprise & Delight initiative for responding to positive feedback on social and review platforms.
- Analyze key metrics and adapt strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Continuously improve our strategy for review engagement by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information to turn our users into members, and members into promoters.
Who we’re looking for: Someone who will turn our audiences into members – and our members into promoters.
About you: You’re passionate about audience growth and engagement, visual branding, story-telling, and providing extraordinary service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of full-time professional advertising/marketing experience with social media and review site platforms including, but not limited, to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Yelp, and Google Reviews. Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of each and how they can be optimized in different scenarios.
- Outstanding ability to source, craft and manage highly engaging content for social media and develop a successful paid ad strategy that aligns with the businesses goals.
- Exceptional expertise in representing established brand voice and visual branding with excellent writing, design, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience with leveraging social media management and social analytics tools. (Experience working with Sprout Social and Social Studio a plus.) Agency management experience.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO, including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Knowledge of paid online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, detail and service oriented; demonstrates winning social service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy, and conflict resolution.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $56,000.00 - $84,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance