Position Type Permanent Staff (EHRA NF)
Department Kenan-Flagler Bus Sch-330100
Working Title Executive Director of Engagement and Inclusion
Appointment Type EHRA Non-Faculty
Position Posting Category Other
Full Time/Part Time? Full-Time Permanent
Hours per Week 40
Vacancy ID NF0003992
Position ID 20024847
Posting Open Date 09/10/2019
Application Deadline 09/23/2019
Open Until Filled No
Proposed Start Date 10/21/2019
The Kenan-Flagler Business School, located at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is a top 20 ranked professional business school. Kenan-Flagler offers a range of professional and academic degree programs, including an undergraduate degree in Business (BSBA); an MBA program delivered in five different methods (full-time, evening, weekend, on-line, global); a Master of Accounting (MAC) degree delivered in two different methods (full-time and online); and a PhD program. Beyond its degree programs, Kenan-Flagler also directs and maintains the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise, which is the outreach and research arm of the School, and the Executive Development Program, which houses its nationally-ranked executive education programs. UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School enrolls over 2,500 students annually in its programs and lives/operates by its core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork.
The Executive Director of Engagement and Inclusion is a key leadership role in school reporting directly and serving as an advisor to the Dean. The Executive Director’s primary role is to provide career coaching and advising to students; develop foundational workshops on resume writing, business communications, networking and career exploration. This position also works collaboratively with the School’s leaders to Lead initiatives across the school to serve and engage all stakeholders and community members – students, faculty, staff, alumni and others Alumni engagement to interact and communicate with each other. The Executive Director is involved in planning and carrying out broad based initiatives that promote the awareness, acceptance, achievement, inclusion, understanding and equality of all members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School community.
Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate should have at least 5 years of post-undergraduate relevant work experience in a corporate or graduate academic setting. Demonstrated knowledge of career management and talent development and some leadership development programming is a plus.
- Experience with coaching/managing professionals/leaders in industry, consulting, career mapping, program management, corporate recruiting, facilitation and/or training is a plus.
- Critical skills include: the ability to build internal and external relationships with broad constituencies; a demonstrated commitment to customer service; and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- The candidate must have strong writing and verbal skills, and be able to communicate effectively with a diverse population of high-performing individuals.
- Candidate should possess excellent public speaking skills and be able to address students and other constituencies in small-group settings, workshops and classroom/auditorium presentations.
- The successful applicant will have a strong comfort level working in a fast-paced, energetic environment, and be able to multitask and meet multiple deadlines. Candidate must also demonstrate initiative as well as project or event management skills, possess an entrepreneurial orientation, and have a proven track record of results-oriented achievement.
- Position may require some travel
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/168926