AMEWAS, Inc., a growing Department of Defense (DoD)/ Federal Contractor, is seeking highly motivated and talented TEMPEST Engineer to support the ICE Program.
Patuxent River, Maryland: #1 City Hiring the Most High-Tech Workers (California-Lexington Park, Maryland). To learn more about our surrounding location, please visit: Visit St. Mary's.
A typical day as a TEMPEST Engineer may include:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applies engineering technology and techniques to perform TEMPEST or MIL-STD-461 testing to verify radiated and conducted electromagnetic compliance of aircraft or other electronic systems or subsystems.
- Analyzes, reviews and prepares electromagnetic interference (EMI) and/or TEMPEST test plans, test reports and other technical documentation.
- Applies electromagnetic interference engineering technology experience to document and solve complex problems.
- Supports acquisition process in developing EMI design and new EMI test techniques related to MIL-STD-461.
Education and Certifications:
- Minimum 0 to 6 Years of Relevant Work Experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
This position is classified as AMEWAS labor category:
- TEMPEST or iNARTE (EMC/EMI) Certification desired
- Bachelors in Engineering with RF or EMC classes
AMEWAS participates with E-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
AMEWAS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Soft Skills & Competencies Required:
Customer-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion. Ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets. Is reliable, possesses initiative, and works well as an individual or part of a team.
Physical Environment and Working Conditions:
The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. Work is physically comfortable. The employee has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. In some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
About the Organization
AMEWAS, Inc. is a small, Veteran owned company that has been providing excellent technical, engineering, administrative, and management services to the Department of Defense for more than 35 years. At AMEWAS we understand the need for a successful work/life balance and are focused not just on fulfilling customers' needs, but ensuring our employees are a top priority as well.
Staying connected to our core values sets us apart from our competition! AMEWAS easily recognizes and rewards performance, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to investing in our employees and their future by providing them with competitive compensation, career development, optimum working conditions, and unique benefits.
AMEWAS has 4.8/5 stars on Glassdoor! Check out our reviews HERE and see what other job seekers have to say!
Our excellent benefits and perks include:
- Generous tuition and training assistance program
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee longevity recognition
- Community involvement & outreach
- Team building events
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mobile service discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
If interested, please submit your application.