Please note that although this is a direct hire position with Suitable, this is an exclusive search engagement through OpsMachine Consulting and initial correspondence will come thru OpsMachine
1. Enhancing our current API backend to provide RESTful endpoints for our web and
2. Monitoring & profiling our SQL datastore
3. Aiding in the decisions and development towards decoupling logical services from our
monolith into cloud-based microservices
1. 1-3+ years of experience as a JSP developer, including the use of Spring and the
development of REST APIs.
2. 1-3+ years of experience with backend SQL databases in a cloud environment, AWS
3. A thorough knowledge of SQL, PostgreSQL is preferred.
1. 5-10 years cloud experience
3. An interest in data and data science
4. Experience with microservices
Competitive base salary + benefits + equity
PTO and sick days (as needed)
Some remote work available after trial period
Suitable is a Philadelphia based tech company that just finished closing their Series A with the city’s leading venture capital firm, Martinson Ventures. Suitable specializes in helping universities boost participation and overall completion of their existing co-curricular student development programs. Schools have realized outcomes such as a 3x boost in student engagement and a 30% increase in program completion within their first year on Suitable. Key software features include custom core competencies, custom digital badges, branded mobile app, ePortfolio, activity reflections, push notifications, mobile event tracking, levels of proficiency rubric, shareable student record, custom student engagement dashboards, and student development analytics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year