Job Summary (Purpose):
We are assisting our client in finding a 3 to 10 year payroll professional to assist the payroll team lead with the preparation, maintenance, and recording of all payrolls. There is an opening for two people. This is a temporary/contract position that should last about 4-5 months as they go through new software implementation. This is not a payroll processing role. This is a payroll department supporting role at a bit of a higher level.
The role will pay between $40.00 and $45.00 an hour - W2 wage - direct deposit weekly. The client is located in KoP. The schedule is Monday - Friday flexible but 8am - 5pm is standard. The company has roughly 10,000 employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of working independently to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with employees at various levels of the organization.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Verifies and sets up payroll direct deposit, edits and maintains direct deposit lists.
- Processes manual checks as needed, completes the summary of manual checks.
- Processes retro calculations for pay increases.
- Troubleshoot and monitor time and attendance data
- Assists in month end accounting, quarterly account reconciliations and year-end processing.
Education and Experience Required:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite. Advanced skill with Excel and Access preferred
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret all garnishment and levy correspondence.
- Bachelor degree is ideal, but not required.
- Experience working with Time and Attendance system required (ex. Kronos, Workday, SAP Successfactors)