- 15+ years in executive engagement programs, strategic partnerships, sales or sales enablement, management consulting or program/product management experience
- Extensive background in IT and or commercial / public sector pursuit management to identify, shape and lead competitive procurement
- Must have a good understanding of public sector procurement and contract mechanisms
- Exposure to complex deal management
- Strong gravitas to engage with senior officials, customers, and influencers to drive change
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers
- Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Bachelors degree
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a global leader in cloud computing, is seeking an experienced leader of leaders to lead our global team for responding to public sector information technology and cloud computing procurement. In this role, you will be responsible for accelerating business growth by winning contracts and ensuring customers have buying mechanisms for AWS cloud computing, training, support, and professional services.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on strategies to enable customers to adopt cloud computing. The ideal candidate will possess a background in public sector information technology procurement and experience managing a diverse global team of business development “capture” managers, proposal managers, and technical writers. You will have experience developing and scaling the program to be leveraged by the field sales organization. You should have the ability to think strategically and long-term about the complex business and technical needs of customers. You should also have an understanding of cloud concepts and the market landscape, and AWS specifically. You will have experience in the technology sales cycle, and an understanding of how to prepare customers for updating their procurement approaches for cloud computing.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts in general and/or AWS specific technologies, platforms and solutions
- Masters degree or equivalent relevant business experience